Share your Windows 8/8.1 (Store) app recommendations

win8.1 win8

• Please log in to reply
250 replies to this topic

#16 Nazmus Shakib Khandaker

Nazmus Shakib Khandaker

Neowinian

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:43

Guys, cut the rope is finally released. You will need Windows 8 RTM to play it. It has all the levels as in the iOS version. You can play one box of 25 levels for free, after which you will need to pay $5 plus tax to unlock the full game. The price is the same as that in the Mac App Store.

#17 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:29

Has app count went up at all since RTM yet? Last I heard it was 400-450 or so?

#18 Nazmus Shakib Khandaker

Nazmus Shakib Khandaker

Neowinian

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:02

Has app count went up at all since RTM yet? Last I heard it was 400-450 or so?

Yes, there are a bunch of new apps in the RTM store. Note: Apps are no longer being added to the Release Preview store. If you want to download new apps, including the final version of Cut the Rope, YOU NEED THE RTM OF WINDOWS 8.

#19 prjkthack

prjkthack

Neowinian

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 1020, Nokia Lumia 1520, iPhone 5s

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:07

Trackage is a sweet little app that helps track packages, Metro-style. Even has live tiles. Its actually pretty nifty and well done.

#20 vcfan

vcfan

Doing the Humpty Dance

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:39

some apps in rp are not available on rtm. I think because some things in the api have changed,and some apps need updating.

#21 LightShadow

LightShadow

>Metro<

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:35

Yes, there are a bunch of new apps in the RTM store. Note: Apps are no longer being added to the Release Preview store. If you want to download new apps, including the final version of Cut the Rope, YOU NEED THE RTM OF WINDOWS 8.

So how come I still see only >300 apps and the preview version of Cut the Rope?

#22 grayscale

grayscale

Neowinian

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:31

The Soda PDF Reader's 3D View looks nice (compared to Reader) if you are into animation/eye candy but doesn't have epub support. Have you guys used/seen an app that can open epub?

#23 Nazmus Shakib Khandaker

Nazmus Shakib Khandaker

Neowinian

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:35

So how come I still see only >300 apps and the preview version of Cut the Rope?

Cut the rope is no longer in preview, even though it might say so in the screenshot. If you download it, you will see there are hundreds of levels with the complete set of boxes as found in iOS and Android version. Furthermore, cut the rope is not free but a trial. You can only play 25 levels in cut the rope before it asks you to purchase the full version to unlock all the levels.

About the number of apps, you are not seeing them all because not all apps are not in your language. You can turn off this option so you see al the apps by going to the Windows Store settings page (hint use the settings charm).

#24 grayscale

grayscale

Neowinian

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:37

Were you guys able to download the Minesweeper update or is it US only? It brings mo the Store but doesn't do anything nor does it have any options for updating.

#25 +d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp

Banned

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:50

The app store is buggy. It said that I had 2 updates. When I clicked on the update link, it did nothing.

#26 OP Steven P.

Steven P.

aka Neobond

• Tech Issues Solved: 76

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:55

Webradio snaps to the volume control and means I don't have to listen to radio in my browser anymore ;)

Free without ads (at the moment).

SNAG-0003.png

#27 grayscale

grayscale

Neowinian

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:07

I mean this:
Posted Image

#28 Nazmus Shakib Khandaker

Nazmus Shakib Khandaker

Neowinian

Posted 22 August 2012 - 15:20

I mean this:
Posted Image

No, it simply doesn't work, even in the US. I think the Update doesn't exist yet. This is what happened with Cut the rope initially. In the RTM version, cut the rope would want you to unlock the full game, but clicking the unloc button would cause the Windows Store to say that it doesn't exist. The same happened with Pinball FX2. You couldn't download additional tables. Now, both Pinball and Cut the Rope works. I am sure Silitare and Minesweeper will be fixed soon. :)

#29 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack, Server 2k12 - Core i7 3770K/16GB DDR3/OCZ Vector 256GB/Gigabyte GTX 760
  • Phone: HTC One 64GB

Posted 22 August 2012 - 17:00

No, it simply doesn't work, even in the US. I think the Update doesn't exist yet. This is what happened with Cut the rope initially. In the RTM version, cut the rope would want you to unlock the full game, but clicking the unloc button would cause the Windows Store to say that it doesn't exist. The same happened with Pinball FX2. You couldn't download additional tables. Now, both Pinball and Cut the Rope works. I am sure Silitare and Minesweeper will be fixed soon. :)

You still can't download additional tables for PFX2. Can "you"?

#30 Lee G.

Lee G.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 22 August 2012 - 17:10

Some of the apps don't load for me. For example, I'd like to install this app: http://apps.microsof...cf-849c10baf65a

If I click 'View in Windows Store' it just takes me to the main store page. It also doesn't find the app if I search for it within the Store. Is this because of geographical restrictions?