Share your Windows 8/8.1 (Store) app recommendations

It's doing multitouch right now on my machine at any rate, I can happily touch multiple keys at the same time and it'll play em all on top of each other.

Wait, what?!

Well, actually, I shouldn't be surprised after implementing it properly today. I've expected multitouch to require some special handling, but apparently it just fires the regular event handlers and issues a pointer ID. That said, it's good to know, one may actually be able to break the dials with multitouch, I'd wager reminding myself of the code involved. I have to look into this (still waiting for my Surface RT).

Either way, this time around, multitouch is implemented properly, especially because in the coming update, you'll be able to actually sustain keypresses, and it'll make the visual key presses and releases work properly (right now, I'd figure releasing one key resets all graphically).

Trackage is a sweet little app that helps track packages, Metro-style. Even has live tiles. Its actually pretty nifty and well done.

oCZNU.png

I guess it's not available in the UK.

I can't seem to find the Ms games on my surface, solitaire, minesweeper and all. Are those only x86 right now or am I issuing something?

They are, indeed. Minesweeper, Solitaire and Mahjong all say "More achievements and ARM support coming soon!" on them.

I don't like "casual games" much, but man, Jetpack Joyride is a blast! Angry Birds Space is online for those interested.

We are about to cross 10,000 apps worldwide, probably Monday or Tuesday.

Oh, sorry, I completely forgot about non-US English-speaking countries :blush:

I'll put out an update, you should expect to see it in the Store in about a week :)

Fantastic, thanks :)

Anybody find a good podcast manager? It's a shame that Xbox Music can't manage podcasts. :/

Yeah, I hope MS adds on some podcast toolsuite or some 3rd paty comes in and kicks ass with a nice podcast aggregator/subscription/management tool

For podcasts, Slapdash has been around since Release Preview. It is pretty good and syncs with the Windows Phone app too. You might have to manually add some podcasts though.

Yeah, I hope MS adds on some podcast toolsuite or some 3rd paty comes in and kicks ass with a nice podcast aggregator/subscription/management tool

Anything specific you'd like in a podcast manager app? I'm thinking of making one :)

Anyone come across a good TV show management app? I use TVShow on my WP, helps me keep track of all the tv series I watch etc.

Anyone come across a good TV show management app? I use TVShow on my WP, helps me keep track of all the tv series I watch etc.

^Have you tried TrackSeries?

One thing to note though is that once you mark the latest episode as seen, it marks all previous episodes as seen as well. I'm not sure if it will implement marking "middle" episodes as unseen.

What is the best twitter client yet??? Anyone recommendations?

I'm using MetroTwit quite successfully!

^Have you tried TrackSeries?

One thing to note though is that once you mark the latest episode as seen, it marks all previous episodes as seen as well. I'm not sure if it will implement marking "middle" episodes as unseen.

Yeah, that's what I'm going with atm, it seems like it's got a scrolling bug though but no biggy.

For coders / developers out there, check out Snipppet app - it makes the process of storing, managing and re-using your source code and meeting notes a breeze.

Sleek touch optimized user interface, code highlighting for 24 languages, automatically saves as you type.

Windows Store link:

http://bit.ly/VGPN6x

Disclaimer: I'm the author of this app.

post-466145-0-67766000-1352056252.png

For coders / developers out there, check out Snipppet app - it makes the process of storing, managing and re-using your source code and meeting notes a breeze.

Sleek touch optimized user interface, code highlighting for 24 languages, automatically saves as you type.

Windows Store link:

http://bit.ly/VGPN6x

Disclaimer: I'm the author of this app.

I just might be picking this up soon. I'm finally teaching myself more than just small little bits of programming I've picked up over the years, so this will come in handy for projects I work on while I teach myself. :)