3 Things the NEXT Xbox should have but will not.

like it or not, it's coming. and no, people wont be buying 100" tvs to shove into their houses.

this happens w/ every generation of entertainment tech. people always say that we dont need something, but love it in the end. i remember people saying that dvds looked better than blu-ray, and SDTV looked better than HDTV. Remember those people that said HDTV hurt their eyes and it was "too life-like?"

now we have people saying that "we dont need 4k" b/c 1080p is just fine. it's the same rotating story every few years.

you all may be very correct about the lack of 4k support in the next-gen consoles. i, however, think it'd be good for MS and Sony to at least support it in some fashion.

Sure, there were people out there naysaying 1080p. I would think that any PC / PC Gaming enthusiast such as myself absolutely embraced higher resolution gaming coming to our television and game consoles. We had been gaming on high res monitors LONG before T.V got its share of the fun. I dont know about you, but i certainly don't have a 4k monitor yet. I dont believe my graphics card could handle 4k in high detail, and i JUST PAID $350 for it a few months ago(radeon 7870). Why on earth do you think next gen consoles(which are based on video cards from what, 2 to 4 years ago ?) should even attempt to load these resolutions.

-

How about keep it at native 1080p, scrap any 3d crap, and lets focus on the next trickle down from PC gaming. -Frames per second- FPS is so much more important than a higher resolution at this point. I barely play any games on 360 because the FPS is just crap on a lot of the games. I want 0 stutter and smooth gaming. TV manufactures focus on 120hz @ 1080p and next gen consoles focus on 120 frames per second native 1080p. When that is achieved, focus on netcode, community, game delivery, more detailed graphics, shaders, physics, media, etc. Make sure everything runs smooth like butter. Then next generation maybe we start talking about upping the resolution, depending on availability and pricing of 4k.