166g6j4.png

Developer: Crytek Frankfurt, Crytek UK (multiplayer)

Engine: CryEngine 3

Platform: Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3

Release Date: February 2013

Description:

Crysis 3 is a first-person shooter video game under development by Crytek, published by Electronic Arts for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 set to be released in 2013. Accidentally revealed by Electronic Arts, the game is the third main installment of the Crysis series, and a sequel to the 2011 video game Crysis 2, and will run on the CryEngine 3 game engine. [Source]

Plot:

The third game sees players take on the role of Prophet as he returns to New York, only to discover the city's been encased in a giant Nanodome created by the corrupt Cell Corporation. The New York City Liberty Dome is a veritable urban rainforest teeming with overgrown trees, dense swamplands and raging rivers. Within the Liberty Dome, seven distinct and treacherous environments become known as the Seven Wonders. Set in 2047 (24 years after Crysis 2), Prophet is said to be on a "revenge mission" after uncovering the truth behind Cell's motives for building the quarantined Nanodomes. The citizens were told that the giant citywide structures were resurrected to protect the population and to cleanse these metropolises of the remnants of Ceph forces. In reality, the Nanodomes are CELL's covert attempt at a land and technology grab in their quest for global domination.

Psycho is said to return alongside Prophet in Crysis 3. [Source]

Links:

Screenshots:

m79ym8.jpg

2uo1eva.jpg

290x11g.jpg

21c6luu.jpg

Videos:

• Like 2

So is this the same Prophet that was in Crysis 2 but who wasn't the same Prophet that was in Crysis 1? Considering there is a 24 year gap between C2 and C3, he would be over 50 years old.

So I have to wonder if they will also be returning to the less linear level designs of Crysis one as opposed to Crysis 2. The relatively linear levels in C2 from what I remember got the most criticism in that game. Even though C1 is still linear, the areas just tended to be bigger, or wider.

Crysis 3 on OSX??

Not according to the Wikipedia page. OSX will be able to run the trailer... but that's about it.

That was an error on my part. Crysis 3 will not support Mac OS X.

Tech Trailer:

They've managed to make CryENGINE 3 look even better. I hope they add the new features to the free CryENGINE SDK.

So is this the same Prophet that was in Crysis 2 but who wasn't the same Prophet that was in Crysis 1? Considering there is a 24 year gap between C2 and C3, he would be over 50 years old.

So I have to wonder if they will also be returning to the less linear level designs of Crysis one as opposed to Crysis 2. The relatively linear levels in C2 from what I remember got the most criticism in that game. Even though C1 is still linear, the areas just tended to be bigger, or wider.

Prophet, who was present in both games (Crysis/Crysis 2), was never a player-controlled character. In the original Crysis, you play as Nomad. And in Crysis 2, you play as Alcatraz. The playable character in Crysis 3 is a little more than just

Prophet

or

Alcatraz

. If you've completed the campaign in Crysis 2, you'll understand why that is.

Here's my explanation:

In Crysis 2, Prophet seemingly kills himself to break the symbiotic link between his body and the suit. He believed it was necessary for you to successfuly use the nanosuit. Towards the end of the game, you hear Prophet. My understanding is that Prophet's mind somehow survived his body's death. And with the suit changing Alcatraz, I think the player you control in Crysis 3 is a combination of Alcatraz and Prophet.

As for the game's design, it looks like they're going for a more non-linear (non-Crysis 2) approach.

That was an error on my part. Crysis 3 will not support Mac OS X.

They've managed to make CryENGINE 3 look even better. I hope they add the new features to the free CryENGINE SDK.

Prophet, who was present in both games (Crysis/Crysis 2), was never a player-controlled character. In the original Crysis, you play as Nomad. And in Crysis 2, you play as Alcatraz. The playable character in Crysis 3 is a little more than just

Prophet

or

Alcatraz

. If you've completed the campaign in Crysis 2, you'll understand why that is.

Here's my explanation:

In Crysis 2, Prophet seemingly kills himself to break the symbiotic link between his body and the suit. He believed it was necessary for you to successfuly use the nanosuit. Towards the end of the game, you hear Prophet. My understanding is that Prophet's mind somehow survived his body's death. And with the suit changing Alcatraz, I think the player you control in Crysis 3 is a combination of Alcatraz and Prophet.

As for the game's design, it looks like they're going for a more non-linear (non-Crysis 2) approach.

I know all that but at the beginning of the game he is called Prophet

(after the original prophet kills himself) by others because they weren't aware a new person had taken over ownership of the suit

. I guess my comment was a failed attempt at being snarky. :rofl:

Okay, this is really confusing. :dizzy: Wasn't Alcatraz the guy who was killed by the Aliens during the paradrop at the very beginning of Crysis 1? The one whose body they found hanging from the tree and had to vaporize so the Koreans won't get their hands on nanosuit technology? Or was he the guy with tattooed shaved head. I'm pretty sure he was Psycho, your character from Crysis Warhead. And Prophet was the bald negro guy, their commanding officer I believe. But he died at the beginning of Crysis 2! And what happened to Nomad? He and Prophet went back into the dome at the end of Crysis 1 to fight off the Ceph. :dontgetit:

Okay, this is really confusing. :dizzy: Wasn't Alcatraz the guy who was killed by the Aliens during the paradrop at the very beginning of Crysis 1? The one whose body they found hanging from the tree and had to vaporize so the Koreans won't get their hands on nanosuit technology? Or was he the guy with tattooed shaved head. I'm pretty sure he was Psycho, your character from Crysis Warhead. And Prophet was the bald negro guy, their commanding officer I believe. But he died at the beginning of Crysis 2! And what happened to Nomad? He and Prophet went back into the dome at the end of Crysis 1 to fight off the Ceph. :dontgetit:

Alcatraz is the main guy in Crysis 2. Prophet died at the beginning of C2 and gave his suit to Alcatraz. For a short while in C2 people called Alcatraz Prophet becauase they didn't know he died. Psycho is the guy from Crysis: Warhead.

I don't think there is any indication what happened to Nomad. I think at this point it's safe to assume he's dead.

Also do we need to keep using spoilers? I'm pretty sure that anyone who is interested in C3 will have played at least C2, if not C1 and Warhead as well.

I wonder what are the specs for playing crysis 3 on Windows.

Probably the same as Crysis 2 because it's basically the same engine with a few improvements.

Man, you can hate the crysis games all you want, gameplay wise, but CryEngine 3 is looking great. And febuary 2013 sounds good, I'll have mostly upgraded my PC by then, probably get a new video card at that time so I can max out this game for once.

Seeing how much I enjoyed Crysis 2 MP. Any footage for C3 MP?

I don't think there's any footage so far. I'm looking forward to it a lot. I played a lot of Crysis 2 MP on the Xbox 360 until they nerfed some of the weapons and suit modules.

Alcatraz is the main guy in Crysis 2. Prophet died at the beginning of C2 and gave his suit to Alcatraz. For a short while in C2 people called Alcatraz Prophet becauase they didn't know he died. Psycho is the guy from Crysis: Warhead.

I don't think there is any indication what happened to Nomad. I think at this point it's safe to assume he's dead.

Also do we need to keep using spoilers? I'm pretty sure that anyone who is interested in C3 will have played at least C2, if not C1 and Warhead as well.

You don't have to. I only did it as a precautionary measure. I guess it's the risk you have to take for reading a thread about the 3rd (4th) game in a well-established series.

I wonder what are the specs for playing crysis 3 on Windows.

For the most part, it should be the same. The DX11 effects are extra so it would obviously require more capable hardware. I imagine you'd need a very high-end DX11 video card to run the game at 60 FPS with every setting turned on/maxed out.

lol did you guys catch "Top Secret Toad Tech"? I thought that was funny.

Yep, haha. I thought it was funny too. And very impressive. It's the most-detailed toad I've ever seen in a game.

Man, you can hate the crysis games all you want, gameplay wise, but CryEngine 3 is looking great. And febuary 2013 sounds good, I'll have mostly upgraded my PC by then, probably get a new video card at that time so I can max out this game for once.

Crytek has done a good job with the updated version of CryENGINE 3. The new cloth physics and lighting look amazing. I look forward to what they have in store for CryENGINE 4 (to compete with Unreal Engine 4 and Frostbite 3).

The CryEngine is absolutely one of the best engines I've had the pleasure of experiencing. It's miles better than FrostBite. I'm seriously looking forward to C3MP!

Is it just me who was not totally impressed by that trailer/tech demo? It just felt like Crysis 1 with new stuff strapped on. Maybe what we see in that video represents a compromise the devs had to make to enable it to run off various platforms and not being PC exclusive.

Anyway, I have pre-ordered it on Origin store for INR1299 ($24) how cool is that? (EA have stopped taking any further pre orders on Origin's Indian store now)

The CryEngine is absolutely one of the best engines I've had the pleasure of experiencing. It's miles better than FrostBite. I'm seriously looking forward to C3MP!

I wouldn't say miles ahead either. I certainly am more imerssed in BF3 than any other game due to the physics and destruction. I have also been wowed by it's gfx much more than I was by Crysis 2 or Warhead.

A new MP mode for Crysis 3 called "Hunter":

I was getting flashbacks to the old Predator movies with this trailer. I'm guessing you can play as either hunters or cell or is it sorta like hord mode and you just keep taking on cell soldiers?

I was getting flashbacks to the old Predator movies with this trailer. I'm guessing you can play as either hunters or cell or is it sorta like hord mode and you just keep taking on cell soldiers?

Yeah, it definitely had a Predator vibe. It's 2 players (hunters) vs. 14 players (soldiers) so your guess is correct. What I didn't know is that each time a soldier dies, he respawns as a hunter. That explains why you see more than 2 hunters near the end of the trailer.

Yeah, it definitely had a Predator vibe. It's 2 players (hunters) vs. 14 players (soldiers) so your guess is correct. What I didn't know is that each time a soldier dies, he respawns as a hunter. That explains why you see more than 2 hunters near the end of the trailer.

Oh, that's an interesting spin on it. We'll see how it goes in practice.

Oh, that's an interesting spin on it. We'll see how it goes in practice.

There's more: The soldiers have to survive for 2 minutes. And they can use objects, like a car door, as a shield from bullets and arrows. They also have EMP grenades that will interfere with the hunter's nanosuit.

Also, here's some gameplay footage: