official fps crysis crytek ea pc xbox 360 ps3

• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#151 ViperAFK

ViperAFK

Neowinian Senior

• 10,815 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:36

looking forward to trying this when I get home from work :)

How is this compared to crysis 2 multiplayer? I found crysis 2's kinda fun at first but got bored with it very quickly.

#152 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,045 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:39

How is this compared to crysis 2 multiplayer? I found crysis 2's kinda fun at first but got bored with it very quickly.

I didn't really care for multiplayer in Crysis 2 but in Crysis 3 it's pretty decent, mainly because it's a lot more focused.

#153 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

• 8,587 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 15:32

I didn't really care for multiplayer in Crysis 2 but in Crysis 3 it's pretty decent, mainly because it's a lot more focused.

If they can keep the exploits (not just hackery and cheatery, but bugs that can be exploited) down, the MP can be better than that of Crysis 2. In fact, it's good enough to interest me - and I normally LOATHE shooter MP (pretty much since the days of Quake III Arena and the original UT).

#154 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,045 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 15:41

If they can keep the exploits (not just hackery and cheatery, but bugs that can be exploited) down, the MP can be better than that of Crysis 2. In fact, it's good enough to interest me - and I normally LOATHE shooter MP (pretty much since the days of Quake III Arena and the original UT).

Yeah. In fact the multiplayer reminded me of Unreal Tournament, though I'm not a fan of the unlock / rewards systems. That said, I don't really care for competitive multiplayer games any more - I much prefer co-op or team based games, like Team Fortress 2, Far Cry 3, Borderlands 2, Payday: The Heist, etc. There's much less griefing than in public deathmatch games. That said, Crysis 3 is certainly promising.

#155 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 15:49

Yeah. In fact the multiplayer reminded me of Unreal Tournament, though I'm not a fan of the unlock / rewards systems. That said, I don't really care for competitive multiplayer games any more - I much prefer co-op or team based games, like Team Fortress 2, Far Cry 3, Borderlands 2, Payday: The Heist, etc. There's much less griefing than in public deathmatch games. That said, Crysis 3 is certainly promising.

Same. I tried it, and was left unimpressed. I tried it on PS3. It looked great.... but I just can't get into those types of multiplayer games. The only competitive MP I can still enjoy is Dead Space 2.
It was the same for Crysis 2 though. I loved the living **** out of single player. But MP just didn't grab me.

#156 Elliot B.

Elliot B.

Over 12 years on Neowin

• 20,013 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5

Posted 31 January 2013 - 17:15

The performance is poor for me @ 1680x1050 in anything above Medium settings (i5-750, GTX 560, latest WHQL drivers - 310.90).

EDIT: It appears NVIDIA released 313.96 beta drivers to coincide with the release of the Crysis 3 MP beta. I don't like the idea of installing beta drivers, however, so I'll stick with the latest non-beta drivers for now).

#157 mattmatik

mattmatik

formerly soLoredd

• 4,925 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 18:20

I'm also on 1680x1050 w/ 313.95 driver. SLI performance is great, both cards are scaling perfectly. Only thing I have enabled in Inspector right now is limit frame rate to 60fps. Going to try one card and see what kind of results I get.

#158 OP Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• 21,348 posts
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 02 February 2013 - 13:22

The visuals are top-notch, though the included levels are pretty confined and aren't as impressive as some of the levels shown off in the previews. Certainly it's right up there with Far Cry 3, which I consider to be one of the most visually impressive games on the market - without playing more it's hard to say whether it's the same or better. The biggest thing I noticed was how responsive the game felt, especially in comparison to Crysis 2. It feels much more fast paced.

As I said earlier, I really hope it is released on Steam because I've had to skip other games I was interested in (Battlefield 3, Mass Effect 3, etc). To me the community features of Steam make it essential, as I love taking screenshots and sharing them with friends.

It won't be released on Steam just like Dead Space 3, Mass Effect 3, and Medal of Honor: Warfighter. EA seems to be accumulating a list of non-Steam games to make Origin more appealing. Personally, I don't have any issues with Origin. I'd prefer it if all my games were on Steam but I don't mind using another service. Oddly enough, I only have Battlefield games on my Origin account.

As for Crysis 3's visuals, I imagine the campaign will be even better. I'm glad Crytek is still making a PC game with great visuals. Crysis 3 will be one of the reasons I buy a new gaming PC in the summer.

#159 +Anarkii

Anarkii

Member N° 1,455

• 5,297 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5, iOS 8

Posted 02 February 2013 - 13:39

Got the mutliplayer beta on PSN, and it's 'okay'. I don't think i'll be playing it again.
I will stick to the single player story mode, that is always more fun for me :)

#160 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,045 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 13:45

It won't be released on Steam just like Dead Space 3, Mass Effect 3, and Medal of Honor: Warfighter. EA seems to be accumulating a list of non-Steam games to make Origin more appealing. Personally, I don't have any issues with Origin. I'd prefer it if all my games were on Steam but I don't mind using another service. Oddly enough, I only have Battlefield games on my Origin account.

I don't mind using another service in conjunction with Steam (i.e. GFWL, Rockstar Social Club, UPlay or even Origin) but I like to keep all my games in one place and the social features of Steam are unrivalled. Crysis 3 looks like a great game but I won't buy it unless it's released on Steam.

Personally I think EA is doing a decent job with Origin as a client but I strongly object to its business practices - whether it's the Steam boycott; the pay-2-win advantages for pre-ordering games like Crysis 3; the horrific pricing on Origin (the regular version of Sim City is £45 / $70 and the deluxe is £65 / $102); the oppressive EULAs and community moderation; the arrogant PR statements, etc. I have no interest in supporting a business that seems to be actively ruining gaming.

#161 Elliot B.

Elliot B.

Over 12 years on Neowin

• 20,013 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:48

Has the MP open beta finished now? I can't connect to the server in order to display the main menu.

#162 Knightwolf20024

Knightwolf20024

Neowinian

• 871 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 15:18

Has the MP open beta finished now? I can't connect to the server in order to display the main menu.

yep its ended, full game comes out on tuesday

http://www.crysis.com/us/crysis-3/beta

#163 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 16,889 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 16 February 2013 - 17:07

Got the PC actual retail version pre-ordered from Amazon. I had some credit with them so got it for $20. I am actually struggling to recall the last PC game I got the actual disk for, I think it may be Half Life 2 actually. :s I feel like there must have been a game since then, but I am really having a hard time remembering what it was. Crazy how I really have made the switch to all digital. Wish I could download the digital version ahead of time and just plug in my serial from the retail box, but going to have to wait.

#164 Elliot B.

Elliot B.

Over 12 years on Neowin

• 20,013 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 17:29

Got the PC actual retail version pre-ordered from Amazon. I had some credit with them so got it for $20. I am actually struggling to recall the last PC game I got the actual disk for, I think it may be Half Life 2 actually. :s I feel like there must have been a game since then, but I am really having a hard time remembering what it was. Crazy how I really have made the switch to all digital. Wish I could download the digital version ahead of time and just plug in my serial from the retail box, but going to have to wait.

Installing from disk will be much quicker than downloading it each time :)

#165 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

• 10,466 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:44

heh heh Larry you do know most PC disc versions are just installers now right? I mean this game is much bigger than what a DVD can nominally carry, so it'll have to unpack/download anyway. As for the game, really excited for it, was hoping they'd release it a day sooner but alas only available for pre-load on Origin, which I'm doing right now.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!