official fps crysis crytek ea pc xbox 360 ps3

• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#166 cryptonym

cryptonym

Neowinian

• 24 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:49

Have you preordered Crysis 3? I did and now i can't wait for tomorrow to try it ;) I hope i won't have any problems with my PC.

#167 blerk

blerk

Banned User

• 687 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:30

Who here actually reads the various Crysis backstory comics? Like the one that explains Nomad's death or Prophet being a mole for Hargreave in Crysis 1? (Not that I read them, I just found the info on wiki)

#168 Elliot B.

Elliot B.

Over 13 years on Neowin

• 20,184 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:21

Who here actually reads the various Crysis backstory comics? Like the one that explains Nomad's death or Prophet being a mole for Hargreave in Crysis 1? (Not that I read them, I just found the info on wiki)

I didn't know they existed. Then again, I'd choose getting laid over reading comics anyway :p (it really is a "one or the other" choice with those things)

#169 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 16,983 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 19 February 2013 - 22:27

heh heh Larry you do know most PC disc versions are just installers now right? I mean this game is much bigger than what a DVD can nominally carry, so it'll have to unpack/download anyway. As for the game, really excited for it, was hoping they'd release it a day sooner but alas only available for pre-load on Origin, which I'm doing right now.

Installing from disk will be much quicker than downloading it each time :)

It was actually 2 full disks. But in what can only be described as true irony, I think I got bum disks!!! :angry: My PC will not even register them as disks, and I just burned a DVD for my parents the other day, so know my drive works.

Fortunately I was able to plug in my serial number into Origin, and it recognized it right away. Currently at 30% complete with the download. Go figure.
I do not regret it at all though, got a $20 Amazon credit for getting it from them. (Y)

#170 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

STEAL THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

• 19,401 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 00:22

Just reminding everybody, don't post spoilers yet, etc. The game still isn't out for me until tomorrow, so there's still a lot of people who won't have it yet.

#171 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

• 16,983 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:02

Damn, this game looks good, and DAMN, it is demanding for sure. I cannot run any setting past Medium without it really affecting performance negatively. EVGA GeForce 660 Ti Superclocked, and it basically has my card on its knees begging for me to get another card for SLi. :| :laugh:

I am only about 15 minutes in if that, spent a lot of time playing with graphics just to find out the above, that I can hardly adjust the graphics, and I just love this series personally.

#172 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

• 16,983 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:03

Seriously, if I did not spend more time on a console these days, I would probably be ordering another graphics card right now, and hell, part of me is still incredibly tempted to do so. This game is beautiful, hell, I will even say gorgeous, and it almost reminds me of the original game by how demanding it actually is.

Something has to be up though, as I have this whole GeForce Experience thing on my PC, it is supposed to recommend the Optimal settings to run the game, and right now it is telling me I do not even meet the minimum system requirements for the game, and that everything should be set to low, and I should be running it at 1024 x 768. It HAS to be wrong. I am running everything at Medium, a few random things turned up higher then they defaulted, and I am getting about 50 FPS on average. It is definitely playable, but I have a feeling the action may dip the frame rates down something fierce, as I am now outdoors.

I get how this series may not be for everybody, but for myself, it is about as good as an FPS can get as far as gameplay. The Bow is Kick Ass. (Y)

#173 ViperAFK

ViperAFK

Neowinian Senior

• 10,846 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:11

Damn, this game looks good, and DAMN, it is demanding for sure. I cannot run any setting past Medium without it really affecting performance negatively. EVGA GeForce 660 Ti Superclocked, and it basically has my card on its knees begging for me to get another card for SLi. :| :laugh:

I am only about 15 minutes in if that, spent a lot of time playing with graphics just to find out the above, that I can hardly adjust the graphics, and I just love this series personally.

I'd think you would be able to run high settings fine with that card. I've been able to run it very smoothly on a similar powered card. I have it on all high settings at 1080p (with textures on "very high" and aa on SMAA 2x) on my amd 6950 2gb. I just had to turn vsync off (with it on my fps was extremely sporadic, but with it off its smooth sailing)

The game definitely does look great :)

#174 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

• 10,466 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:25

Yeah Larry, that sounds odd. My 7950 is averaging 50fps with almost everything set to very high. Use FXAA, and tone down post processing.

Also didn't get far into it, but gorgeous game, even if the story is quite...off..

#175 Elliot B.

Elliot B.

Over 13 years on Neowin

• 20,184 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:11

I won't be buying this because Origin doesn't have achievements.

#176 kiddingguy

kiddingguy

^ Nikki, my dreambabe!

• 3,182 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:35

Nice. Preordered the Digital Deluxe :woot:
It will be released @ 12.01 but in which Time Zone?

#177 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

• 8,802 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 15:30

Seriously, if I did not spend more time on a console these days, I would probably be ordering another graphics card right now, and hell, part of me is still incredibly tempted to do so. This game is beautiful, hell, I will even say gorgeous, and it almost reminds me of the original game by how demanding it actually is.

Something has to be up though, as I have this whole GeForce Experience thing on my PC, it is supposed to recommend the Optimal settings to run the game, and right now it is telling me I do not even meet the minimum system requirements for the game, and that everything should be set to low, and I should be running it at 1024 x 768. It HAS to be wrong. I am running everything at Medium, a few random things turned up higher then they defaulted, and I am getting about 50 FPS on average. It is definitely playable, but I have a feeling the action may dip the frame rates down something fierce, as I am now outdoors.

I get how this series may not be for everybody, but for myself, it is about as good as an FPS can get as far as gameplay. The Bow is Kick Ass. (Y)

DL - that is what happens when you break out of the DX9c lockbox.

I noticed the same thing comparing Crysis 2 before the DX11 1.9 patch series to after - and I have as hooptie a DX11 GPU as exists (AMD HD5450). However, *because* the GPU was so hooptie, the general assumption was that I needed a better drug supplier.

Crysis 2 was a first attempt by Crytek to break out of that feature lockbox that DX9c (and current-generation consoles, to be honest) represents. Where I am MOST curious is whether the version of the Original Crysis included with the DD package is still using the original engine, or did they completely redo the coding using CE3 - if the latter, it would make an interesting heads-up shootout! (If the FORMER, that should be Crytek's NEXT "freebie" project - a complete recoding of the Original Crysis using CE3.)

#178 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

• 16,983 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 16:53

I'd think you would be able to run high settings fine with that card. I've been able to run it very smoothly on a similar powered card. I have it on all high settings at 1080p (with textures on "very high" and aa on SMAA 2x) on my amd 6950 2gb. I just had to turn vsync off (with it on my fps was extremely sporadic, but with it off its smooth sailing)

The game definitely does look great :)

Yeah Larry, that sounds odd. My 7950 is averaging 50fps with almost everything set to very high. Use FXAA, and tone down post processing.

Also didn't get far into it, but gorgeous game, even if the story is quite...off..

I will play with my settings. Only thing I did put to High was post processing, sounded like something that should be high. :rofl: And I would see as high as mid 70's as well, just seemed like 50 was the average. That is everything on Medium, Post Processing on High, AA and AF pretty cranked up (I do not like jaggies whenever possible), so will see if I can get some High settings working. I think the whole Nvidia GeForce Experience thing is just broke, at least for Crysis 3.

#179 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 17:13

When is UK release? Tomorrow ?

#180 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 17:27

Enjoynig this game on PS3. Everything looks great for a console game. I just need to get used to how insane multiplayer is. At the moment, I'm the bottom of the charts when the rounds end :p