Same. I thought I actually use too much stealth....

BTW, disappointing. 1 and 2 were much better experiences. 3 really shows nothing except more shooing. And the final boss is just boring.......I felt like it was Duke Nukem Forever all over again.

The first game had an awesome environment and great atmosphere but the story never intrigued me. I managed to finish the second game but mouse lag, large view models, and other PC-specific issues kept me from enjoying it as much as I should have. Crysis 3 doesn't feel as linear as the second game with less restrictive areas, decent secondary objectives, hacking, and suit upgrades. It provided the best gameplay experience of the three for me personally. I also think Crytek has finally managed to pull off decent multiplayer for the first time in the series.

Yep, my same exact experience pretty much. I try my best to go all Stealth, and will resort to guns blazing when it fails. Which admittedly, fails more then I would like to admit. :laugh:

I am doing the same thing with leaving the game running, just makes it easier to resume since the checkpoints are so scattered at times. I really, really do not like the fact it does not have a Quick Save. IIRC Crysis 2 definitely did have one, and I used it to experiment with playing different sections different ways. Now I cannot do that, so I would have to rate it not as enjoyable of an experience as 2 just on this fact alone. But it is also way linear then the previous games in the series. With that said, even a way linear Crysis 3 is more enjoyable then most FPS's out there IMHO, so I still do like the game itself.

Yeah, I'd usually fall back and build my energy back up so I can go back in stealthily when that happened. :p

I'm also a fan of experimentation and the omission of quick save functionality didn't afford me that luxury. I can't recall if Crysis 2 had this feature or not. See above for my opinion on the game.

The first game had an awesome environment and great atmosphere but the story never intrigued me. I managed to finish the second game but mouse lag, large view models, and other PC-specific issues kept me from enjoying it as much as I should have. Crysis 3 doesn't feel as linear as the second game with less restrictive areas, decent secondary objectives, hacking, and suit upgrades. It provided the best gameplay experience of the three for me personally. I also think Crytek has finally managed to pull off decent multiplayer for the first time in the series.

Yeah, I'd usually fall back and build my energy back up so I can go back in stealthily when that happened. :p

I'm also a fan of experimentation and the omission of quick save functionality didn't afford me that luxury. I can't recall if Crysis 2 had this feature or not. See above for my opinion on the game.

I must have been thinking about Crysis 1, as it looks like 2 also did not have Quick Saves until it was modded quite some time after release.

And yeah, I also go back, crouch, and let me energy get to full and try it all over again. :laugh: It is almost obsessive compulsive behavior. :wacko: :laugh:

I must have been thinking about Crysis 1, as it looks like 2 also did not have Quick Saves until it was modded quite some time after release.

And yeah, I also go back, crouch, and let me energy get to full and try it all over again. :laugh: It is almost obsessive compulsive behavior. :wacko: :laugh:

That sounds about right.

I'm OCD when it comes to ammo count, energy levels, and what not in games. I reload even if I've only spent a couple of rounds, and if I'm regenerating energy with enemies closing in on me I'll wait until the last possible second before I cloak. :p

Well, the games built that way for stealth players. I'm a FPS man so I certainly don't mind getting into a firefight, but I still play armorless most of the time.

I remembered the screenshot key (F12), it's funny how some people run Fraps just to take screenshots, considering the game will do it itself.

m6tYDwVl.jpg

So I've gotten to the point where I get Ceph weapons (the pinch rifle is awesome), and I've just come across the Scorchers. The game gave me a hint about stunning them to take their weapon, but it didn't say how.

I remembered the screenshot key (F12), it's funny how some people run Fraps just to take screenshots, considering the game will do it itself.

m6tYDwVl.jpg

So I've gotten to the point where I get Ceph weapons (the pinch rifle is awesome), and I've just come across the Scorchers. The game gave me a hint about stunning them to take their weapon, but it didn't say how.

You have to use Electric Arrows. I didn't figure that out until I beat the game and started playing through some of the levels to find what I had missed. I find their flame weapon to be lack luster and weak. Better to just blow them up.

Good to know, I didn't even have the bow equipped at the time, not sure how it expected the player to know outside of trial and error.

You have to use Electric Arrows. I didn't figure that out until I beat the game and started playing through some of the levels to find what I had missed. I find their flame weapon to be lack luster and weak. Better to just blow them up.

The lake (dam) was where I figured out the best way to use the electric arrows - one arrow in a body of water takes down all nearby critters. (CELL, Ceph, what-have-you.) If you have a good hide (and enough boom arrows where you can afford to lose one), shoot one into the water and lure the nosies in, then electrify the water.

Is anyone seeing the squares around explosions after the patch? I found this thread on the MyCrysis forums, I am now having the same issue.

Also found this thread on the EA Forums.

Yeah, I'm seeing bad blending around a bunch of sprites, flares are doing it too.

I got a new patch for the game today, and no longer saw the sprites, so I think they may have fixed it.

So I beat the game a few hours ago. Overall I enjoyed it, but do think it was just okay after all is said and done.

I really enjoyed some aspects. The bow alone was a whole lot of fun. I also enjoyed the very, very tiny RPG element they introduced with the new way to manage the nanosuit itself. I particularly enjoyed the little objectives they added for the nano suit upgrades to get it to the Pro version of those upgrades (tag X amount of enemies, hack X amount of objects). That really did extend the gameplay a bit for myself, and gave me little things to achieve from a personal standpoint. I also liked some of the rewards for completing the secondary objectives. Thought that was a nice touch overall as well.

So those things above did enhance the gameplay IMO, however the biggest thing that detracted from the game overall was the amount of confined, indoor areas throughout the game. They totally went against everything that made the series appealing IMHO, and that was being presented with a rather large outdoor area and having multiple ways to approach it. So I feel the inclusion of these more confined areas definitely did detract from the main appeal of the gameplay itself.

So yeah, I liked the game. Had a decent amount of fun playing it, but overall, it missed the mark on a few things. I would say it is a solid 7/10. Would have been an 8, perhaps even a 9, if they did not have the more confined linear areas and focused strictly on the larger outdoor areas.

Also, I could be crazy, but the very last scene of the game,

where Lawrence is basically out of the suit and in a tropical setting, was that modeled after the very first beach you encounter in the original Far Cry game?

It seemed very reminiscent of it, and I wonder if Crytek chose to include it for those players who did play the original Far Cry they developed.

I may check out the MP eventually. I may not. Truth is I have Tomb Raider waiting for me to start it on the PS3, have God Of War: Ascension already preordered with release day delivery from Amazon, and of course there is Bioshock: Infinite at the end of the month as well.

I may also go back and replay it on a harder difficulty if it retains all of the nanosuit upgrades. I do think it will be a much different experience starting out at almost full Bad Ass, which I was pretty close to having all nanosuit upgrades from just one play through. Would definitely have them all unlocked early on on a second play through.

I got a new patch for the game today, and no longer saw the sprites, so I think they may have fixed it.

So I beat the game a few hours ago. Overall I enjoyed it, but do think it was just okay after all is said and done.

I really enjoyed some aspects. The bow alone was a whole lot of fun. I also enjoyed the very, very tiny RPG element they introduced with the new way to manage the nanosuit itself. I particularly enjoyed the little objectives they added for the nano suit upgrades to get it to the Pro version of those upgrades (tag X amount of enemies, hack X amount of objects). That really did extend the gameplay a bit for myself, and gave me little things to achieve from a personal standpoint. I also liked some of the rewards for completing the secondary objectives. Thought that was a nice touch overall as well.

So those things above did enhance the gameplay IMO, however the biggest thing that detracted from the game overall was the amount of confined, indoor areas throughout the game. They totally went against everything that made the series appealing IMHO, and that was being presented with a rather large outdoor area and having multiple ways to approach it. So I feel the inclusion of these more confined areas definitely did detract from the main appeal of the gameplay itself.

So yeah, I liked the game. Had a decent amount of fun playing it, but overall, it missed the mark on a few things. I would say it is a solid 7/10. Would have been an 8, perhaps even a 9, if they did not have the more confined linear areas and focused strictly on the larger outdoor areas.

Also, I could be crazy, but the very last scene of the game,

where Lawrence is basically out of the suit and in a tropical setting, was that modeled after the very first beach you encounter in the original Far Cry game?

It seemed very reminiscent of it, and I wonder if Crytek chose to include it for those players who did play the original Far Cry they developed.

I may check out the MP eventually. I may not. Truth is I have Tomb Raider waiting for me to start it on the PS3, have God Of War: Ascension already preordered with release day delivery from Amazon, and of course there is Bioshock: Infinite at the end of the month as well.

I may also go back and replay it on a harder difficulty if it retains all of the nanosuit upgrades. I do think it will be a much different experience starting out at almost full Bad Ass, which I was pretty close to having all nanosuit upgrades from just one play through. Would definitely have them all unlocked early on on a second play through.

It wasn't just the ending scene, but the fall from space. When I was playing, aftering using the laser, and you start to fall back to earth, that whole part from then on is from the 1st game. Not directly, but as prophet was falling, I was like, " This island I'm falling too looks like the opening scene of the first Crysis." And sure enough the cut scene after it just confirms it. I really liked that nod to those of us who have stayed with it. I was also just as surprised that I was even able to remember how the island drop scene looked and that first area. Guess the game left more of an imprint than I thought.

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP, does the Origin client / whatever other platform tell you how many PC players are online? Xbox #s are sad, wish more people enjoyed this multiplayer.