• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#241 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

• 8,883 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 00:28

5450 is still a DX11 part. 540v isn't.

Then the 540v (despite the nomenclature) is really a DX10 (not DX11) Mobility part, and probably a rebadged Mobility HD4000 series. Yecccch.

#242 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,315 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 00:53

Then the 540v (despite the nomenclature) is really a DX10 (not DX11) Mobility part, and probably a rebadged Mobility HD4000 series. Yecccch.

Well, that is indeed what the page says http://www.amd.com/u...v-overview.aspx

#243 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 17,032 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 02 March 2013 - 21:18

Just curious how far along I am...
Spoiler

Am I near the end or no?

#244 +BoneyardBrew

BoneyardBrew

Photoshop Junkie

• 2,026 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 02 March 2013 - 21:25

Just curious how far along I am...

Spoiler

Am I near the end or no?

Just past the half way point.

Spoiler

#245 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

• 17,032 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 21:31

Just past the half way point.

Spoiler

:laugh: As you might have been able to guess, I just like shooting **** mainly. :D
And cool thanks for the fast reply. So either I am taking it nice and slow, or it is not 4-5 hours long as people are making it out to be. Do not get me wrong, I could definitely be taking it nice and slow. I like to be as methodical as possible. :shiftyninja:

#246 +BoneyardBrew

BoneyardBrew

Photoshop Junkie

• 2,026 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 21:40

:laugh: As you might have been able to guess, I just like shooting **** mainly. :D
And cool thanks for the fast reply. So either I am taking it nice and slow, or it is not 4-5 hours long as people are making it out to be. Do not get me wrong, I could definitely be taking it nice and slow. I like to be as methodical as possible. :shiftyninja:

I accomplished the majority of the game with stealth, but did go in guns blazing at times :p. I completed side objectives, took in my surroundings, and tried to enjoy every second of it. I wish I could say just how long it took me but I made the mistake of leaving the game running for a couple of hours in addition to playing some multiplayer before I finished. I'm going to make a rough estimate and say it took me somewhere between 8 and 10 hours to finish the game on the medium/average difficulty at my admittedly slow pace.

#247 pes2013

pes2013

Neowinian

• 881 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 22:36

I accomplished the majority of the game with stealth

Same. I thought I actually use too much stealth....

BTW, disappointing. 1 and 2 were much better experiences. 3 really shows nothing except more shooing. And the final boss is just boring.......I felt like it was Duke Nukem Forever all over again.

#248 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

• 17,032 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 22:40

I accomplished the majority of the game with stealth, but did go in guns blazing at times :p. I completed side objectives, took in my surroundings, and tried to enjoy every second of it. I wish I could say just how long it took me but I made the mistake of leaving the game running for a couple of hours in addition to playing some multiplayer before I finished. I'm going to make a rough estimate and say it took me somewhere between 8 and 10 hours to finish the game on the medium/average difficulty at my admittedly slow pace.

Yep, my same exact experience pretty much. I try my best to go all Stealth, and will resort to guns blazing when it fails. Which admittedly, fails more then I would like to admit. :laugh:
I am doing the same thing with leaving the game running, just makes it easier to resume since the checkpoints are so scattered at times. I really, really do not like the fact it does not have a Quick Save. IIRC Crysis 2 definitely did have one, and I used it to experiment with playing different sections different ways. Now I cannot do that, so I would have to rate it not as enjoyable of an experience as 2 just on this fact alone. But it is also way linear then the previous games in the series. With that said, even a way linear Crysis 3 is more enjoyable then most FPS's out there IMHO, so I still do like the game itself.

#249 sammy2

sammy2

Neowinian

• 371 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:10

I usually find a nice spot and then guns blazing... Stealth, mark everyone...then start shooting... but I find its hard to even try using stealth as they throw bombs designed to expose you and disrupt the suit..

#250 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

STEAL THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

• 19,428 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:12

Yeah, take down the snipers first, then the ones with EMP grenades next, they're your two biggest threats.

#251 +BoneyardBrew

BoneyardBrew

Photoshop Junkie

• 2,026 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 17:01

Same. I thought I actually use too much stealth....

BTW, disappointing. 1 and 2 were much better experiences. 3 really shows nothing except more shooing. And the final boss is just boring.......I felt like it was Duke Nukem Forever all over again.

The first game had an awesome environment and great atmosphere but the story never intrigued me. I managed to finish the second game but mouse lag, large view models, and other PC-specific issues kept me from enjoying it as much as I should have. Crysis 3 doesn't feel as linear as the second game with less restrictive areas, decent secondary objectives, hacking, and suit upgrades. It provided the best gameplay experience of the three for me personally. I also think Crytek has finally managed to pull off decent multiplayer for the first time in the series.

Yep, my same exact experience pretty much. I try my best to go all Stealth, and will resort to guns blazing when it fails. Which admittedly, fails more then I would like to admit. :laugh:
I am doing the same thing with leaving the game running, just makes it easier to resume since the checkpoints are so scattered at times. I really, really do not like the fact it does not have a Quick Save. IIRC Crysis 2 definitely did have one, and I used it to experiment with playing different sections different ways. Now I cannot do that, so I would have to rate it not as enjoyable of an experience as 2 just on this fact alone. But it is also way linear then the previous games in the series. With that said, even a way linear Crysis 3 is more enjoyable then most FPS's out there IMHO, so I still do like the game itself.

Yeah, I'd usually fall back and build my energy back up so I can go back in stealthily when that happened. :p

I'm also a fan of experimentation and the omission of quick save functionality didn't afford me that luxury. I can't recall if Crysis 2 had this feature or not. See above for my opinion on the game.

#252 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

• 17,032 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 18:34

The first game had an awesome environment and great atmosphere but the story never intrigued me. I managed to finish the second game but mouse lag, large view models, and other PC-specific issues kept me from enjoying it as much as I should have. Crysis 3 doesn't feel as linear as the second game with less restrictive areas, decent secondary objectives, hacking, and suit upgrades. It provided the best gameplay experience of the three for me personally. I also think Crytek has finally managed to pull off decent multiplayer for the first time in the series.

Yeah, I'd usually fall back and build my energy back up so I can go back in stealthily when that happened. :p

I'm also a fan of experimentation and the omission of quick save functionality didn't afford me that luxury. I can't recall if Crysis 2 had this feature or not. See above for my opinion on the game.

I must have been thinking about Crysis 1, as it looks like 2 also did not have Quick Saves until it was modded quite some time after release.

And yeah, I also go back, crouch, and let me energy get to full and try it all over again. :laugh: It is almost obsessive compulsive behavior. :wacko: :laugh:

#253 +BoneyardBrew

BoneyardBrew

Photoshop Junkie

• 2,026 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 18:39

I must have been thinking about Crysis 1, as it looks like 2 also did not have Quick Saves until it was modded quite some time after release.

And yeah, I also go back, crouch, and let me energy get to full and try it all over again. :laugh: It is almost obsessive compulsive behavior. :wacko: :laugh:

That sounds about right.

I'm OCD when it comes to ammo count, energy levels, and what not in games. I reload even if I've only spent a couple of rounds, and if I'm regenerating energy with enemies closing in on me I'll wait until the last possible second before I cloak. :p

#254 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,315 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 18:39

Well, the games built that way for stealth players. I'm a FPS man so I certainly don't mind getting into a firefight, but I still play armorless most of the time.

#255 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

STEAL THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

• 19,428 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:26

I remembered the screenshot key (F12), it's funny how some people run Fraps just to take screenshots, considering the game will do it itself.

Posted Image

So I've gotten to the point where I get Ceph weapons (the pinch rifle is awesome), and I've just come across the Scorchers. The game gave me a hint about stunning them to take their weapon, but it didn't say how.