official fps crysis crytek ea pc xbox 360 ps3

• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#256 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 17:07

I remembered the screenshot key (F12), it's funny how some people run Fraps just to take screenshots, considering the game will do it itself.

Posted Image

So I've gotten to the point where I get Ceph weapons (the pinch rifle is awesome), and I've just come across the Scorchers. The game gave me a hint about stunning them to take their weapon, but it didn't say how.

You have to use Electric Arrows. I didn't figure that out until I beat the game and started playing through some of the levels to find what I had missed. I find their flame weapon to be lack luster and weak. Better to just blow them up.

#257 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

STEAL THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

• 19,527 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 00:36

Good to know, I didn't even have the bow equipped at the time, not sure how it expected the player to know outside of trial and error.

#258 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

• 9,282 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:35

You have to use Electric Arrows. I didn't figure that out until I beat the game and started playing through some of the levels to find what I had missed. I find their flame weapon to be lack luster and weak. Better to just blow them up.

The lake (dam) was where I figured out the best way to use the electric arrows - one arrow in a body of water takes down all nearby critters. (CELL, Ceph, what-have-you.) If you have a good hide (and enough boom arrows where you can afford to lose one), shoot one into the water and lure the nosies in, then electrify the water.

#259 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 17,212 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:26

Is anyone seeing the squares around explosions after the patch? I found this thread on the MyCrysis forums, I am now having the same issue.
Also found this thread on the EA Forums.

#260 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

STEAL THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

• 19,527 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:45

Yeah, I'm seeing bad blending around a bunch of sprites, flares are doing it too.

#261 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 17,212 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:45

Yeah, I'm seeing bad blending around a bunch of sprites, flares are doing it too.

I got a new patch for the game today, and no longer saw the sprites, so I think they may have fixed it.

So I beat the game a few hours ago. Overall I enjoyed it, but do think it was just okay after all is said and done.

I really enjoyed some aspects. The bow alone was a whole lot of fun. I also enjoyed the very, very tiny RPG element they introduced with the new way to manage the nanosuit itself. I particularly enjoyed the little objectives they added for the nano suit upgrades to get it to the Pro version of those upgrades (tag X amount of enemies, hack X amount of objects). That really did extend the gameplay a bit for myself, and gave me little things to achieve from a personal standpoint. I also liked some of the rewards for completing the secondary objectives. Thought that was a nice touch overall as well.

So those things above did enhance the gameplay IMO, however the biggest thing that detracted from the game overall was the amount of confined, indoor areas throughout the game. They totally went against everything that made the series appealing IMHO, and that was being presented with a rather large outdoor area and having multiple ways to approach it. So I feel the inclusion of these more confined areas definitely did detract from the main appeal of the gameplay itself.

So yeah, I liked the game. Had a decent amount of fun playing it, but overall, it missed the mark on a few things. I would say it is a solid 7/10. Would have been an 8, perhaps even a 9, if they did not have the more confined linear areas and focused strictly on the larger outdoor areas.

Also, I could be crazy, but the very last scene of the game,
Spoiler
It seemed very reminiscent of it, and I wonder if Crytek chose to include it for those players who did play the original Far Cry they developed.

I may check out the MP eventually. I may not. Truth is I have Tomb Raider waiting for me to start it on the PS3, have God Of War: Ascension already preordered with release day delivery from Amazon, and of course there is Bioshock: Infinite at the end of the month as well.

I may also go back and replay it on a harder difficulty if it retains all of the nanosuit upgrades. I do think it will be a much different experience starting out at almost full Bad Ass, which I was pretty close to having all nanosuit upgrades from just one play through. Would definitely have them all unlocked early on on a second play through.

#262 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 15:27

I got a new patch for the game today, and no longer saw the sprites, so I think they may have fixed it.

So I beat the game a few hours ago. Overall I enjoyed it, but do think it was just okay after all is said and done.

I really enjoyed some aspects. The bow alone was a whole lot of fun. I also enjoyed the very, very tiny RPG element they introduced with the new way to manage the nanosuit itself. I particularly enjoyed the little objectives they added for the nano suit upgrades to get it to the Pro version of those upgrades (tag X amount of enemies, hack X amount of objects). That really did extend the gameplay a bit for myself, and gave me little things to achieve from a personal standpoint. I also liked some of the rewards for completing the secondary objectives. Thought that was a nice touch overall as well.

So those things above did enhance the gameplay IMO, however the biggest thing that detracted from the game overall was the amount of confined, indoor areas throughout the game. They totally went against everything that made the series appealing IMHO, and that was being presented with a rather large outdoor area and having multiple ways to approach it. So I feel the inclusion of these more confined areas definitely did detract from the main appeal of the gameplay itself.

So yeah, I liked the game. Had a decent amount of fun playing it, but overall, it missed the mark on a few things. I would say it is a solid 7/10. Would have been an 8, perhaps even a 9, if they did not have the more confined linear areas and focused strictly on the larger outdoor areas.

Also, I could be crazy, but the very last scene of the game,

Spoiler
It seemed very reminiscent of it, and I wonder if Crytek chose to include it for those players who did play the original Far Cry they developed.

I may check out the MP eventually. I may not. Truth is I have Tomb Raider waiting for me to start it on the PS3, have God Of War: Ascension already preordered with release day delivery from Amazon, and of course there is Bioshock: Infinite at the end of the month as well.

I may also go back and replay it on a harder difficulty if it retains all of the nanosuit upgrades. I do think it will be a much different experience starting out at almost full Bad Ass, which I was pretty close to having all nanosuit upgrades from just one play through. Would definitely have them all unlocked early on on a second play through.

It wasn't just the ending scene, but the fall from space. When I was playing, aftering using the laser, and you start to fall back to earth, that whole part from then on is from the 1st game. Not directly, but as prophet was falling, I was like, " This island I'm falling too looks like the opening scene of the first Crysis." And sure enough the cut scene after it just confirms it. I really liked that nod to those of us who have stayed with it. I was also just as surprised that I was even able to remember how the island drop scene looked and that first area. Guess the game left more of an imprint than I thought.

#263 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

• 5,445 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 14:44

How do the concurrent player #s look on PC (&PS3 while Im at it), because Xbox 360 only ever has ~ 1000 people. TDM being the main game type.

#264 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

• 5,445 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:18

BUMP, does the Origin client / whatever other platform tell you how many PC players are online? Xbox #s are sad, wish more people enjoyed this multiplayer.

#265 joker999

joker999

GorillaZ

• 1,520 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:44

If anyone want to find out if pc can run crysis 3 go to this site http://www.systemreq...ntslab.com/cyri :)

#266 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

• 5,445 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 00:27

WTB larger player base :cry: