• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#106 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

STEAL THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

• 19,138 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 13:29

Agreed.

I'm not sure how many people are aware of him, but I'd recommend watching the Crysis 1/Warhead/2 ironman series that NanosuiNinja made, he's amazing at these games (I swear sometimes he's a human aimbot). He's just posted a video on his channel talking about how some german game development company with a game coming out in around a month wants him to go and do PR work for them on their new game, so no videos from him for a while though.

Edit: His Anno 2070 series is pretty good too, it's what got me to buy the game.

#107 OP Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• 21,273 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5 (Android 4.4.2)

Posted 23 January 2013 - 21:25

More footage from the campaign in this trailer:

#108 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• 17,410 posts
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 23 January 2013 - 23:10

Looking good, can't wait to give it a go.

#109 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 23:25

I think I'm more interested in the actual ending to this story than the game itself :p

#110 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

• 19,138 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:23

I'm glad Psycho's back, not too sure about the whole "Hack Pingers and take them over" and "Hook into the giant glowing blue Ceph thingy"

#111 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 15,419 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:32

More footage from the campaign in this trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fisfSSa74uQ

I'm really not impressed by those cinematic-style trailers. However, the gameplay videos they put out a while back look awesome. I always prefer gameplay videos, as you can usually tell from them whether you're going to like a game.

#112 sava700

sava700

Neowinian

• 1,292 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:40

I never got to finish Crysis 2 cause of crashing issues and I to this day have no idea - a GTX 570 super clocked card, Quad Processor, 8 gigs of ram, SSD, 1000watt PC Power cooling PSU...etc etc no clue but I hope to give this a go I just don't like the idea of giving EA more money cause of what they did to Battlefield and the crap they call 3.

#113 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

• 8,182 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:40

I'm glad Psycho's back, not too sure about the whole "Hack Pingers and take them over" and "Hook into the giant glowing blue Ceph thingy"

You have six days.

The wide-open MP beta kicks off January 29th. (Yes, it's PS3/XB360, and PC - all at the same time on the same day).

That last indeed showed up in the Nanosuit trailer - and there was, in fact, a hint of this in Crysis 2; a great BIG hint. (A Central Park-sized hint.)

It all STILL comes down to the suit.

If the Crysis (pre-Warhead) Nanosuit was 1.0, and Psycho's suit (Warhead) was more 1.5, then this suit is more like 2.5 - the Prophet/Alcatraz Nanosuit has updated itself. (Yes. Again.)

To get an idea of the progression, if you haven't read it yet, get yourself a copy of the ONLY Official Crysis 2 novel - "Legion". (It's still available in paper and e-book formats.)

There is STILL a crapton to learn about the suit - "Legion", which goes into more detail about the suit than even Crysis 2 does, began scratching the surface. While Crysis 3 goes even deeper, there were plenty of hints from some of the things Alcatraz did in Crysis 2 alone. And going by the trailer, there are likely still more.

Six days - and counting, people.

#114 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

• 8,182 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:33

Okay - it's now available in North America. In Origin, go to Store->Demos, and select Crysis 3 Beta. Download speed is connection-dependent, of course.

"Bo may know Diddley - but does Bo know the Predator Bow?"

#115 vetLOC

LOC

I finally changed this.

• 13,732 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:14

Almost done downloading. Can't wait to see my PC start bleeding from the grills (if the alpha was any indication)....

#116 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

• 19,138 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:20

Got on Origin to start the download, it asked me to verify my email + set a secret question, so I thought it'd be a good time to beef up my security settings, which I did through the online interface.

The main app was busy downloading the update at a blistering 50KBps, and then decided it wasn't going to and refused to download anything past the 33MB mark. It was then I noticed that the app was set to the wrong language so I changed the setting and restarted it.

And then it pulled a GfWL and now claims my password is invalid because it's too strong, so no Crysis 3 MP Beta for me until I weaken my password :sleep:

#117 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:24

Sigh, still 50 minutes to go.

Wish I had my old 50Mb cable internet, stuck on 7Mb ADSL.

Hope this runs better than the alpha did, was like watching a slideshow.

#118 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

• 8,182 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:30

Got on Origin to start the download, it asked me to verify my email + set a secret question, so I thought it'd be a good time to beef up my security settings, which I did through the online interface.

The main app was busy downloading the update at a blistering 50KBps, and then decided it wasn't going to and refused to download anything past the 33MB mark. It was then I noticed that the app was set to the wrong language so I changed the setting and restarted it.

And then it pulled a GfWL and now claims my password is invalid because it's too strong, so no Crysis 3 MP Beta for me until I weaken my password :sleep:

That was cute; I had no problems here (except a minor one having to do with the default settings) - it made the opposite error of the SimCity 2013 beta; it set the graphical settings too *high* - not too low. 1920x1080 on an AMD HD5450 GPu? I don't think so. However, the same settings I use for Crysis 2 (1280x720 and Medium or High detail, depending on what I have in the background) should be a nice place to begin.

The install itself was cake (apparently, Origin is doing better installs).

I DO have a GPU upgrade planned, so this beta will basically be finding how low the FLOOR goes.

#119 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

• 5,344 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 23:36

How's the Beta? Downloading now while I finish up work.

#120 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

• 8,182 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 23:48

How's the Beta? Downloading now while I finish up work.

I'm using the same settings I do for C2 graphically except the AA/AF (in C2, I have both turned off - for C3, I have 4xAA/16xAF). Despite that I'm spending a lot of time getting sniped (Crash Site - straight MP, not Hunter Mode), I'm having fun, and i'm normally not a fan of MP.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!