ACDSee Free 1.0.18

Free up your photo viewing. For free.

The wait is over. ACDSee Free is a blazing fast image viewer for your PC that shows off your photos, fast. Scroll through your images, zoom in and out, and print with ease.

Simple. Nimble. Fast.

Put ACDSee's legendary viewing speed to work for your photos. From JPEG to BMP, ACDSee Free will display your photos fast. View your images without any delay or waiting.

Free delivers a bunch.

View over 11 different types of files: BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, TGA, TIFF, WBMP, PCX, PIC, WMF, EMF.

screenshot.jpg

Power-packed. Clutter-free.

Simply double-click on a photo to view it at full-screen. Quickly scroll through all your photos in that folder with your mouse or keyboard. Rotate your photos, copy, or save them to a different spot. Plus you can easily set a favorite shot as your desktop wallpaper.

Get a little closer, faster

ACDSee Free automatically displays your photo at the best size that can fit on your screen, so you can marvel instantly. Want to dig into the details? A variety of zoom options allow you to quickly see your photos at the level you need.

Need more speed?

Save even more time using a host of keyboard shortcuts in ACDSee Free. Seatbelts recommended.

print.jpg

Fit to print?

Print your photos your way. Choose the format, print multiple copies, and change the orientation. Also print your photos with headers, footers, and captions. ACDSee Free dynamically previews your image as you set your options, so you'll know exactly how it will print.

btn-free-download.png

lol this came preinstalled on a computer we got back in like 2000... haven't touched it since.

is it any good?

Don't know about the free version but I use the Pro version all the time. Supports a great deal of file formats. Quite good IMO

i remember using this on my Athlon 600mhz, it was awesome, loved and still use it as a baseline for what i want in a photo management software ( no longer use the software itself as it came free with something i bought, and havent been able to find a compatible version since

xnView kills this in every imaginable aspect.

Except not looking like an ancient windows 95 program ? and thus also wasting tons of screen space on an ancient gui.

Wasn't ACDSee originally a freeware piece of software back in like, 1998 or something? Then it got popular, they added stuff, made it shareware, then had an adware version etc. I could be mistaken of course since it's been like 10 freakin' years since I've used it! :D

Faststone Image viewer is great. Significantly faster than Windows Explorer at loading image thumbnails and looking at images.

It has problems though - sometimes it is very slow. Part of the problem is that it doesn't use hardware acceleration for scaling - and thus pictures that need to be scaled down load much longer. Espiecially visible when you can CPU at 25 or 50 ...

XNView looks like arse on a stick though. I thing ACDSee gets its arse handed back to it by Fastone Image Viewer. AFAIK Fastone Image viewer is dead - haven't been an update in over a year. :(

I'd like to see this or pain.net or any other free picture app support Camera Raw so I could make the switch reliably. then I can hose paying for expensive photoshop.

I dropped Acdsee when it went payware all those years ago. Faststone Image Viewer is what i use. What reason would i have to use Acdsee again? They might try pulling the same stunt again. When something gets good, it turns crap.

I dropped Acdsee when it went payware all those years ago. Faststone Image Viewer is what i use. What reason would i have to use Acdsee again? They might try pulling the same stunt again. When something gets good, it turns crap.

*aaachh-utorrhennt-ooo*

Sorry, got the sniffles. :(

I'd like to see this or pain.net or any other free picture app support Camera Raw so I could make the switch reliably. then I can hose paying for expensive photoshop.

Honestly, if you have a good enough camera to make use of RAW. you can afford and should afford to use Lightroom as well.

acdsee photo manager supports RAW format, this free version doesn't. Presumably there are high patent fees for adding raw support. I've used acdsee paid version for years, it is great for viewing photos. The pro version is the same as photo manager but with the ability to touch-up photos i believe, i don't need that so don't use it.