PA woman poisons boyfriend with eye drops

A 33-year-old McConnellsburg woman has been charged with aggravated assault, simple assault and reckless endangerment for reportedly putting Visine eyedrops in her boyfriend?s water several times over the past three years, making him severely ill.

Vickie Jo Mills of 18250 Great Cove Road in Ayr Township was arrested Thursday after she admitted to Pennsylvania State Police in Fulton County she had put eyedrops in the drinking water of Thurman Edgar Nesbitt III, 45, 10 or 12 times over the past three years, starting in June of 2009.

?She related she had been putting Visine eyedrops in Nesbitt?s water since 2009. She never meant to kill him, only wanted him to pay more attention to her,? an affidavit of probable cause filed in Magisterial District Judge Wendy Mellott?s office reads.

Police were alerted to Nesbitt?s illnesses on July 17 when his doctor, Dr. Harry Johnston, told troopers he had been treating Nesbitt for various symptoms including nausea and vomiting, blood pressure fluctuation and breathing difficulties for years. He told police he suspected someone was putting Visine in his water.

Nesbitt was brought to the police barracks and agreed to have blood drawn to test for Tetrahydrozoline, a decongestant used to reduce redness in the eyes.

If large quantities of the drug are ingested, a person can become severely ill and suffer blurred vision, respiratory failure, seizures and even a coma.

Nesbitt?s blood results indicated a level of 49 nanograms per milliliter, which state police were told by medical experts is ?an extremely high level.?

Police said Mills and Nesbitt have been in a relationship for several years and have a child together.

Mills was taken to Franklin County Jail, where she remains in lieu of $75,000 bail. A preliminary hearing has been scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Monday, Aug. 13, in Mellott?s office.

source

She never meant to kill him, only wanted him to pay more attention to her

The ****????

And that's why, gentleman, I don't want to have a girlfriend anymore!

Edited by Calum
The post unintentionally bypassed the word filter

She never meant to kill him, only wanted him to pay more attention to her,

Lady, if you poison your boyfriend he is going to be too sick to pay any attention to you.

Lady, if you poison your boyfriend he is going to be too sick to pay any attention to you.

and it will only further scare them away and make them never want to have anything to do with them. seriously... who in the hell thinks that that kinda crap works... it doesn't!!!!

Yes, it was on CSI and it's use as a 'revenge poison' is not that rare. The problem ingredient is Tetrahydrozoline HCl, The symptoms;

depressed body temperature, difficulty breathing (or even cessation), blurred vision, nausea & vomiting, blood pressure spikes then drops dangerously low, tremors or seizures, coma.

Not pleasant.

Remember guys eye drops arent the enemy here...a small dosage of this stuff has many applications for personal advantage...thats all im saying.

Yes, it was on CSI and it's use as a 'revenge poison' is not that rare. The problem ingredient is Tetrahydrozoline HCl, The symptoms;

depressed body temperature, difficulty breathing (or even cessation), blurred vision, nausea & vomiting, blood pressure spikes then drops dangerously low, tremors or seizures, coma.

Not pleasant.

Nevermind the symptoms DocM, the light-in-the-arse criminal charges are what are absolutely ludicrous in this case. :omg:

Let's run down the list again: "...aggravated assault, simple assault, and reckless endangerment... " :ermm:

<thinking>

For poisoning another human being, with a gastroenterologically toxic substance, unprovoked... a caucasian woman who confesses to almost fatally poisoning a man (multiple times, mind you) gets an equivalent criminal charge of someone who partakes in a bar fight with a barstool. :argh:

Wow. The appalling leniency being displayed in this case is enough to a cynical ****** like myself despair at being born a non-caucasian, heterosexual, cisgendered male. :angry:

Nevermind the symptoms DocM, the light-in-the-arse criminal charges are what are absolutely ludicrous in this case. :omg:

Let's run down the list again: "...aggravated assault, simple assault, and reckless endangerment... " :ermm:

>

Wow. The appalling leniency being displayed in this case is enough to a cynical ****** like myself despair at being born a non-caucasian, heterosexual, cisgendered male. :angry:

I totally agree - she should have been charged with attempted murder. I'm also wondering how many of her acquaintences or past relationships have died this way but went undetected? She may be a Black Widow.

I totally agree - she should have been charged with attempted murder. I'm also wondering how many of her acquaintences or past relationships have died this way but went undetected? She may be a Black Widow.

She doesn't seem to fit the "typical" phys/mental/psych profile for such a person, though. :wacko:

For one, she confessed. Even if Mr. Nesbitt III's physician suspected her (specifically), she could have just murdered Nesbitt, or arranged to have him murdered, & skipped town with their assets afterwards.

Personally, I think she was a bit of "crazy" (i.e. mentally unstable or "under duress", for you PC, clinical term-insistent types) mixed with a bit of stupid/sloppy/desperate.

Not pleasant.

Ironic, no?

She doesn't seem to fit the "typical" phys/mental/psych profile for such a person, though. :wacko:

News flash: over 50% of female murderers do it by poisoning. Of these 70% are someone who has a personal relationship with their killer.

News flash: over 50% of female murderers do it by poisoning. Of these 70% are someone who has a personal relationship with their killer.

It's customary necessary to provide a source when you quote statistics to make a point. Not being a dick, it just seems the thing to do.

And please don't tell me to google it, you made the claim, you provide the evidence :)

http://en.wikipedia...._serial_killers

Female serial killers are rare.They tend to murder men for material gain, are usually emotionally close to their victims,and generally need to have a relationship with the victim,hence the cultural image of the "Black Widow". Victims are not confined to males/husbands, as one "analysis of 86 female serial killers from the U.S. found that the victims tended to be spouses, children or the elderly." The methods they use for murder are covert or low-profile, such as murder by poison (the preferred choice for killing).They commit killings in specific places, such as their home or a health-care facility, or at different locations within the same city or state.Other methods used by female serial killers include shootings (used by 20%), suffocation (16%), stabbing (11%), and drowning (5%). Although most female serial killers murder for money or other such material gain, others do it for attention.

DocM's numbers are a little off from those, but not by much, although these are just the stats for female serial killers.

I misspoke, or rather, failed to clarify my point that her case (the little we know of it) seems to imply that she simply got panicked &/or desperate when people started to suspect her of the poisonings. It looked like she was looking for a way out before law enforcement brought their investigative "hammer down" (to me anyway).