Thunderbolt > Ethernet > Kernel Panic

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to check if anybody else was having this issue.

If I connect my Thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter while the system is in use, I'll get a Kernel Panic. Same as if I remove the adapter while the System is in use.

Anybody else had this issue?

Thanks

You're not having much luck huh? :/

Hell no, but this is an 'Upgrade' from Lion. So I'm going for a full system reinstall later. Should be fine running migration from a Carbon Copy Cloner backup right?

Not if you're bringing back whatever is causing these issues. Personally I always put my files back manually to prevent such a thing from happening.

I used someone else's brand new 2012 MacBook Air still running Lion and I had the same thing when I pulled the ethernet adapter out of the Thunderbolt port. I thought it must because the new MacBook Air was really designed for Mountain Lion, but it looks like Mac OS X is just not as stable as it used to be.

Mac OS isn't as stable as it was pre-tiger, but they're relying more and more on third-parties for Drivers etc.

Still not sure if I want to commit to a full reformat. I would say VMWare is causing it, but I'm not sure seeing as it just KPed without any VMs running.

I'll put up with it for another week or so, and if Apple haven't pushed any significant updates I'll give up and reformat.

I thought it must because the new MacBook Air was really designed for Mountain Lion.

Good idea, but Mountain Lion was running at this time. And I'm fairly sure that Mountain Lion and Lion both run the same Kernel.

I decided to troubleshoot this last night. The Kernel Panic is caused after having VMWare Fusion running at any point. Guess we'll wait on them.