New version of

But in 2.0.4 you cant select what files you want from a Magnet link :s

Im using latest version of uTorrent

It has to download the torrent file before you can select the files.

Does Transmission work for Windows yet? At least I read about it somewhere...

As far as I know this is the only currently decent (third party mind you) Windows Transmission client out there. There was another one that was getting some help from the official Transmission team, but that was in like, 2008 and it hasn't been updated since 2010 or so. I'm thinking that one is DOA. Mind you the one I linked is totally not from the offifical guys, but it is built from the latest (usually) normal Transmission client.

rtorrent, deluge, transmission, qtorrent. There is a whole host of alternatives for the discerning pirate.

wNM1N.png

I switched to Vuze (the renamed Azureus) for performance reasons (especially running on Windows 8); surprisingly, it's faster than uTorrent by quite a bit.

Transmission, Vuze, Tixati, Deluge and qTorrent are all available for Windows. Don't know what you're talking about.
You failed to read Vice's original post.

Clarification of the joke: It is not uncommon for actual pirates to post around, in a herp-derp fashion, that they only use BitTorrent distribution for their "Linux distros". Which is actually uncool for the ones actually using BitTorrent for such purpose --- like me --- that get targetted.

Wow, I actually liked utorrent 3.x so far, but **** everything about this. ****ing banner adds in a program that has been free for YEARS, **** no. Time to switch away from utorrent.

• 1 month later...

Now I have read that you can shut the ads off or they made it an option. I looked in the settings and could not see anything but i hit the (X) and they went away. I think my relationship with Utorrent has come to an end. It was a great run but . . . Im happy that I am not the only one that just noticed this. . I have a screenshot here . . I knew something want right. in windows 8 utorrentads_zps6b7a57ab.jpg

yeah hitting f8 to show or not show featured content -- its so freaking obtrusive,wtf were they thinking :rolleyes:

I'm not too worried about this.

uTorrent is still a fantastic piece of software and it's minimized to the system tray most of the time for me.