Modern UI Applications Concepts

metro_ui___google_chrome_by_silviu_eduard-d4t14oh.png

Modern UI design in Google Chrome.

metro_ui___avast_by_silviu_eduard-d4vnfn0.png

Even if Avast won't have an Metro UI version for Windows 8, i've made a concept for inspiring them to make it!

• Like 3

Not bad at all, placement and size of some elements could be improved, perhaps you should install Visual Studio and have some fun with the UI Editor

each to their own I think there's been some great metro apps that I love th look and feel of on both. That extends to WP as well.

I liked Avast. Neat!

And also the use of gray.

But you need to modify the sizing a bit, because it looks a bit congested. Reduce the size of that ticked list. And of the size of "summary scan real-time....", because it is equal to the logo's "internet security". That's why it looks a bit confusing.

And also remove the gradient from bottom.

the above concepts are made before win 8 rp was released...

SzgUC.png

have a look at this new one, based on device center :)

Windows 8 Develeoper Preview [not rp]...

the above concepts are made before win 8 rp was released...

SzgUC.png

Quite nice, and simple! (Y)

However, the header looks a bit off. It doesn't look like a part of the rest of interface.

But still really nice to look at.

Yuck. Windows 1.0 was a masterpiece of functionality and design, compared to Metro ~ Modern UI.

Yea because you could totally click on things in Windows 1.0 with a mouse that didn't quite exist as known today.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a try on Photoshop http://brebenel-silv...986504#/d4z6p9n

windows_8___browser_choice_by_brebenel_silviu-d59mlv9.png

A little choice screen I designed for Windows 8 .

Cool but aren't the Continue/Cancel buttons a bit redundant? At least the Continue one. I imagine that if you click Cancel it doesn't take you to a web browser at all, but the choice screen reappears the next time you try to do so.

Cool but aren't the Continue/Cancel buttons a bit redundant? What happens when you cancel?

If the user changes mind that no need to change the default, so the user will hit the cancel instead... no changes saved.

But I'd like an OK button (or a Save button) instead of 2 buttons like shown above... either way is fine.

I am sure that won't happen because there is a default settings page which allows you to change default apps as your chosen apps such as internet, email, audio, movies, etc.

If designed right, there is functionality to the UI, but i'm curious how developers used to the classic app in window look will design apps with the new metro concept in mind.

It will be a time of struggle and disorder, at least until windows 9, when hopefully, the windows ecosystem will be more consistent regarding metro UI.