298 posts in this topic

Posted

Hell yeah I cannot wait!!!!!!!! Gonna reformat my comps and install Windows 8 on them.

Posted

Visual studio as well, don't forget VS.

Posted

I am absolutely thrilled to be honest! I can't wait to get the final build and be done with it and be able to use it without having to worry about formatting for the next test build. lol

Posted

Wish I still had my technet. It would be fun to play around with. Oh well. Looks like I'm going to have to skip 8. Darn it.

Posted

Sounds like fun, to bad it's not like the technet in the Windows 7 rtm days.

2 people like this

Posted

Thread moved

This isn't beta software anymore ;)

Posted

I'm looking forward to it. Glad I have the ISO's already though, the servers are going to be HAMMERED come wednesday.

Posted

Visual studio as well, don't forget VS.

Full version isn't on TechNet :( I'll have to go with Express, or Preview for 90 days.

Posted

I'm looking forward to it. Glad I have the ISO's already though, the servers are going to be HAMMERED come wednesday.

Yep SHA1 Hashes FTW

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it

I'm about to lose control and I think I like it

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it

And I know I know I know I know I know I want W8.

My apology to the Pointer Sisters

2 people like this

Posted

Which Technet Subscription should I buy to be able to download them?

Posted

Which Technet Subscription should I buy to be able to download them?

Just wanted to give you a heads up. I'm not sure about what your long term usage of the products you download from technet is, but they have changed how long you can uses the keys. Once your subscription expires so does your keys.

Posted

Just wanted to give you a heads up. I'm not sure about what your long term usage of the products you download from technet is, but they have changed how long you can uses the keys. Once your subscription expires so does your keys.

Question about that, in the event that the keys do expire, would I be able to just buy a key online and activate my software?

Posted

Question about that, in the event that the keys do expire, would I be able to just buy a key online and activate my software?

I don't see why you should not be able to do. I don't think they give you special technet versions.

Posted

I don't see why you should not be able to do. I don't think they give you special technet versions.

Thanks. I'm hoping Microsoft doesn't deactivate the keys but it's nice to know that I am not SOL in case they do. In any event though, income permitting, I plan on renewing my Technet sub anyways.

Posted

Thanks. I'm hoping Microsoft doesn't deactivate the keys but it's nice to know that I am not SOL in case they do. In any event though, income permitting, I plan on renewing my Technet sub anyways.

They use to give you 10 keys per product... now what is it 2?

Posted

They use to give you 10 keys per product... now what is it 2?

oh is it really? wow. Yeah I remember you could get like 10 keys or something like that before

Posted

I'm pretty thrilled. Can't decide if I should upgrade from RP or clean install.

Posted

oh is it really? wow. Yeah I remember you could get like 10 keys or something like that before

Yes if you read about all the changes they have made, it makes a technet subscription now look really unattractive.

Posted

Yeah, I have to say that now I am excited. I've kind of been on the fence about whether to install it or not, but I think I'm going to go ahead and take the plunge. The thing is, I'm probably not going to renew my Technet subscription at the end of September, so I probably won't be getting Office 2013 before it comes out, but that's not a big deal. I'm running the Preview now, and I like it.

Actually, I think seeing someone's screenshot of their Start screen made me realize that I can remove pretty much most of the Metro apps and keep shortcuts for the programs I use most (which are Desktop applications) on it. So, it will be a good thing in the end. Having gone back to Windows 7 since using the RP, I have to say that I understand a little better getting rid of the Start menu paradigm with the single column and opening subfolders for apps. It's just not the best way. I'm not saying the Start screen is a perfect solution, but it's definitely not as annoying as I originally felt. Plus, making the icons for regular programs larger and putting the text on the bottom like Metro apps makes it look a lot more cohesive.

Technically speaking, your keys don't 'expire'. Microsoft is saying that those who allow their subscriptions to run out and don't renew cannot legally use the software anymore. But nothing physically will happen to your keys or installation of the software.

It's unlikely you'll be able to do an upgrade that will retain all your settings and programs. After all, the RP is basically a beta version of the OS. But I could be wrong.

Posted

Technically speaking, your keys don't 'expire'. Microsoft is saying that those who allow their subscriptions to run out and don't renew cannot legally use the software anymore. But nothing physically will happen to your keys or installation of the software.

Oh, phew. Thanks :)

Posted

Definitely looking forward to Wednesday. Will be getting a few things to play with as I wanna test out Server for work also :) Gonna set it up and run a server for a few weeks and see how that goes :)

Definitely getting Windows 8 for my laptop though. There were some nagging things in the CP and even the RP but it's better now. I've been "testing" with the leaked RTM versions and it's been ok, can't wait to really get down to testing apps, clients and servers together though :)

Posted

I'm pumped! Can't wait to pull down Windows 8 + Visual Studio 2012! Come Wednesday the F5 frenzy will begin and bring MSDN to a crawl!!!

Posted

I heard that you can't upgrade from RP, which would be a bummer if true.