Sound Card Not WOrking? XP i will kill u

randomly my sound card stops working. i have a SB Audigy. the card is installed, passes diagnostics and everything, but when i test the sound, i hear a system beep from my system! i have tried everything, reinstalled the software drivers, mostly everything besides format, which i am preparing for now. anyone have any idea what happened. it is like the sound card is there but the sound is passed to the system sound or something.:dead:

same kinda thing happened to me. make sure you dont have your soundcard in pci slot 0 (the one all the way to the bottom)

I moved mine to the 3rd one down and it works perfect.

you are way off....... i have had this sound card working for months but just a second ago it got screwed. good ole format fixd the problem tho. and yes i have digital Inspire 5700 speakers

i know it wasn't the speakers because i was getting a system beep from the case, not the speakers themselves. i think i had uninstalled some stupid program that totaly screwed my windows and deleted some vital drivers or sound driver. it was wierd because the sound card stoped working right in the middle of useing it. i think it was some video capture software that screwed it up. i know it was stupid to format but i was about to punch a hole in my case if the **** didn't work. plus it was starting to get screwy.