UFO spotted over Antarctica ?

antarctica-ufo.jpg

A video taken of the Antarctic research station Neumayer-Station III appears to show what some are calling a UFO over the South Pole.

The video posted to YouTube seems to show a round, blurry object floating above the station on Aug. 10. Speculation has run rampant, with conspiracy theorists and UFO buffs swapping explanations ranging from government collaboration with aliens to a top-secret test of some new cutting-edge secret weapon.

While a definitive explanation has not been found, several elements suggest a prosaic answer. The supposed UFO appears more or less directly over the research station; it also appears to be nearly perfectly round and about the right size for a balloon. Neumayer-Station III, a scientific research station, carries out tests and experiments in a wide variety of areas, including geophysics, meteorology and atmospheric chemistry. Weather balloons are used extensively to study and sample the atmosphere at different times and altitudes above Antarctica.

One UFO buff admitted that most of the evidence suggested it was indeed a balloon, except for one mysterious fact: "none could explain why the object appeared in just a few frames." It's true that the object appears in only a few frames of the footage. However this becomes much less mysterious when you realize that the original video has been sped up.

That's what happens in time-lapse photography: objects that are not stationary for long periods of time (people, vehicles, animals, clouds, etc.) only appear in a few frames ? depending of course on the frame rate of the video and how fast they move. There's nothing mysterious about it.

source

*Note: I see there are several UFO videos for this Antarctic station -- not sure which one is recent.

ok now that DOES look like a weather balloon, look closely and it looks like you can see a faint teather line also!

oh I'll be the first to say it..... hows come in the days of ultra high resolution cameras... is the whole darn picture that pixelated and blury? </end generic UFO camera resolution comment>

Sorry, but no your wrong. That is quite clearly the Death Star.

This. :D :laugh:

The video posted to YouTube seems to show a round, blurry object floating above the station on Aug. 10. Speculation has run rampant, with conspiracy theorists and UFO buffs swapping explanations ranging from government collaboration with aliens to a top-secret test of some new cutting-edge secret weapon.

...Or an actual weather balloon.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=weather+balloon

WTF? That's clearly superman, he's packed on a few pounds.

Edit: It's funny how these photos are always taken with an ancient camera or low resolution phone. No one ever spots a UFO with an HD camera? :rolleyes:

Sorry, but no your wrong. That is quite clearly the Death Star.

That's no moon...

1. I am surprised that they still use weather balloons -- it seems primitive.

2. I found it amazing that this station has a whole series of 'ufo' sightings.

3. And for those interested, there are many rumors that an Alien base exists in Antarctica.

Edit: It's funny how these photos are always taken with an ancient camera or low resolution phone. No one ever spots a UFO with an HD camera? :rolleyes:

HD is alien technology :shiftyninja:

1. I am surprised that they still use weather balloons -- it seems primitive.

:/

weather balloon = $20

high technology weather rocket = $1.5*10^90

results= same