Your bug-out guns?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 thatguyandrew1992

thatguyandrew1992

Neowinian Senior

• 2,292 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:25

I'm no gun expert but I would bring an m60 for the hordes!

#32 BoredBozirini

BoredBozirini

Bozrini Tringuini

• 3,804 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:55

I hope y'all got infinite ammo.

#33 Gerowen

Gerowen

Neowinian Senior

• 3,436 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:58

I hope y'all got infinite ammo.

World has been through plenty of civil wars, world wars, droughts, and plagues, and there's still ammunition to spare, not to mention the fact that more and more people have started reloading their own ammo.

At the end of the day we could always just start making potato cannons out of PVC pipe and hair spray, :p

#34 thatguyandrew1992

thatguyandrew1992

Neowinian Senior

• 2,292 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 18:37

At the end of the day we could always just start making potato cannons out of PVC pipe and hair spray, :p

Gotta do what ya gotta do!

#35 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,290 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 21:38

Here's a pic of my bug out rifle its been updated a bit since I showed it last.
Posted Image

#36 Anibal P

Anibal P

Neowinian

• 4,244 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:08

I'll stick with the AR/M4 style rifles, it's what I'm used to shooting. For a handgun I really liked the XD series, in 40 or 45, I like accuracy and knockdown power. I'm Puerto Rican, so a machete is required and a decent knife is always required also, gotta be able to field strip any critter you shoot for food.

#37 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,342 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:22

I would love to be legally allowed to have Guns like this! Although I cant I am in the UK.

Shotguns and rifles are legal in the UK, with the appropriate licence. They would do fine in case of a zombie attack or general anarchy.

I don't pay attention to brands like others here do but of the weapons in my house I'd opt for the semi-automatic shotgun, which looks very much like this. It has decent stopping power and you don't have to worry so much about accuracy, which is great for my experience level.

#38 Anibal P

Anibal P

Neowinian

• 4,244 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:35

Shotguns and rifles are legal in the UK, with the appropriate licence. They would do fine in case of a zombie attack or general anarchy.

I don't pay attention to brands like others here do but of the weapons in my house I'd opt for the semi-automatic shotgun, which looks very much like this. It has decent stopping power and you don't have to worry so much about accuracy, which is great for my experience level.

That's fine if you only have a few coming at you, otherwise you're hosed, that's why most of us prefer something with a decent magazine that can hold say 10-30 rounds, and when it comes to zombies, accuracy is important, head shots are your only saviour, bit it's a very nice third weapon to have for those "oh crap" moments

#39 Frogboy

Frogboy

Neowinian Senior

• 3,188 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:58

Bringing it back to life. :)

For a hand gun, I'd go with a s&w m&p r8.

Shotgun choice would be a Beneli M4.

Rifle is a toughie. I'm partial to the Sig 556 but a good LMT AR-15 would be good too.

But if I could only take one thing? Don't laugh but the Scout M6 would probably be my choice. S light, so versatile.