Laptop Won't Start

Packard Bell Easynote Vesuvio A laptop won't Start or Post. The powerbutton lights up, the wifi button also lights up but before anything else can happen it restarts itself and repeats the process. I've drained it of power completely, ran it just battery and just using the power cable. Any thoughts?

The screen is completely blank during all this.

How old is that ?

I would get an external case to put the hard drive in, save the important files with another computer.

Assuming this is Windows, I would Wipe the drive clean then, and Reinstall.

Good luck.

Packard Bell Easynote Vesuvio A laptop won't Start or Post. The powerbutton lights up, the wifi button also lights up but before anything else can happen it restarts itself and repeats the process. I've drained it of power completely, ran it just battery and just using the power cable. Any thoughts?

The screen is completely blank during all this.

Can;'t really help much, but my laptop had a small amount of tea spilt on it and it is doing the same thing. I've taken it apart, cleaned it, put it together, no lunch, If you figure out how to get it to boot.. let me know.

No joy. It turns on for a split second then restarts itself. nothing appears on the screen, no windows, no nothing, not even a POST screen. Thanks for advice Hum! Will let you know if i find the answer firey :)

reset cmos maybe? remove its cmos battery for a minute or so and try to turn it on without the cmos battery and see... you can insert the battery anytime... try without the laptop battery as well (just plugged into PSU)

• 2 weeks later...

first of all how old your laptop is? Secondly if your laptop is under gurantee you should take it back to shop and either it get fixed or replaced. :|

• 2 months later...

I have this exact same problem and same model - I've taken the memory and hdd out of the laptop it did not help.

I measured the adapter with a multimeter and it's fine.

I tore it to shreds and took the bios battery out and left it out for about 2 hours, put everything back together but same problem.

Tried attaching a 2ndary screen to the vga port still no picture at startup.

Checked the system fan it seems to be fine.

Anyone have any ideas ?

I'm beginning to think the motherboard is just toast :(

thechronic did you find a solution ?

*edit*

I also measured the bios battery it's fine.

• 2 weeks later...