Would you buy anything from Microsoft after Windows 8?

Would you buy any of these  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy any of theses or notthing from MS?

• I would Buy Windows 8
    • I will not upgrade to Windows 8
    • I will not purchase anything again from Microsoft Because what happen to Windows 8, Please Explain in Post
    • I will not Purchase Windows 8 or Windows 9 is a disaster, Please Explain in Post

I am buying Windows 8 and I'm happy with it as it is, because I'm adaptable, as you have to be to use computers. They can't just stay the same forever.

Really? Windows 8 is great, and I will continue to support Microsoft. They have provided excellent software over the years and will continue to do so in the future. If you dislike a single start screen to the point where you'd stop supporting Microsoft, then I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems but Windows 8 ain't one.

I'd buy anything good they have to offer! Windows 8 is something that I've been waiting for a long time, something new and fresh, a departure from the old way of doing things. It's going to give life to a whole new breed of apps with rich content and great performance, even on less powerful machines!

I am buying Windows 8 and I'm happy with it as it is, because I'm adaptable, as you have to be to use computers. They can't just stay the same forever.

What this guy said!

It looks like a pretty cool system, and I love tinkering with new things!

If it sucks completely, I'll downgrade to Win7 and wait for Win9 :D

Of course! I'm psyched for Windows based tablets, Windows Phone 8, and the Xbox.next. The only thing I'm not 100% psyched for is metro on the desktop, however given MS's superb track record with Metro everywhere else, I'm more than willing to give it a chance.

nope. Won't buy one single thing. Don't need to. 7's enough.

I wont be getting Windows 8, I might check out the surface but I doubt I'll get it, Windows 9 all depends on if we still have this Modern circa 1992 UI going on in Windows 9, if we do then I wont be getting that either, I'll start looking into Linix distros at that point, unless Windows 7 still suits my needs

The way the xbox is going it'll all be ads by then, so who knows what I'll do about that, probably block the ad server in my router

Some ads I'll let slide, but if you abuse it I'll just block them all, try and earn money off that.

I don't know what asshat they have making decisions at Microsoft these days, but they're very short sighted and it'll only come back

to bite them.

Null vote from me, my thinking is not listed there as an option.

I would consider buying future Microsoft products, but it depends on the product. I won't say that because I dislike Windows 8 I will never buy anything from Microsoft ever again, because that's ridiculous. I judge products individually, not based on the company's other products.

This Windows 8 **** is blown out of proportion, and these threads don't help. Each passing day, as new devices are released, people are forced into learning new ways to do things, they haven't been afraid up until this point, and they won't when Windows 8 is released. So you have a new Start Screen to learn. Boo hoo. Put on your big boy pants, sit down with it for an hour or so, and work your way through it. Sooner or later the Start Menu was going to die anyway, and everyone here knows we wouldn't be using it for much longer as devices became increasingly mobile.

If you're afraid of Modern Apps, uninstall them, customize your Start with the desktop apps you need, and carry on.

One thing is for sure though, whatever happens with Windows 8 doesn't matter, the Start Menu as we knew it isn't coming back. If people are resistant enough to Start (which I doubt it), a new design will be intoduced in Windows 9.

Keep calm and carry on.

• Like 1

Needs a fifth option: "I refuse to take part in such a poorly-worded poll."

Agree with this sentiment.

Haven't bought a thing from MS since XP and cannot see myself ever paying for an OS ever again!

Yes. The new start menu/screen doesn't bother me. Most of my time is spent on my iMac which does not have a start menu you use either the dock or launchpad.

There was a discussion about laptops/notebooks in another Windows 8 thread where someone said it wasn't a good experience, well I just found this and it seems as if Synaptics will be bringing the Windows 8 experience to all their touchpads which I'm pleased about. I've got a 1st gen i5 Dell L501X and I'm happy I'll have the quick touchpad nav of Windows 8.

Gestures.jpg

http://www.synaptics...ology/windows8/

http://www.synaptics...nology/touchpad

So it looks like you need to have Synaptic Gesture Suite 12.3 to get the cool swipes in Windows 8. No more corner nonsense now ;)

There was a discussion about laptops/notebooks in another Windows 8 thread where someone said it wasn't a good experience, well I just found this and it seems as if Synaptics will be bringing the Windows 8 experience to all their touchpads which I'm pleased about. I've got a 1st gen i5 Dell L501X and I'm happy I'll have the quick touchpad nav of Windows 8.

Gestures.jpg

http://www.synaptics...ology/windows8/

http://www.synaptics...nology/touchpad

So it looks like you need to have Synaptic Gesture Suite 12.3 to get the cool swipes in Windows 8. No more corner nonsense now ;)

Have those been released yet?

The release of "Surface" at an unbelievable $199 (rumored) will change everyones mind about Windows 8.... the snow ball starts with Surface, flows to desktop, on to phone, and then on to the new ZUNE... (or what ever they will call it).. I predicted people will HATE windows 8 but at $199 for your new "PC/tablet" mass adoption and love will come sooner then you think.

"I will not purchase anything again from Microsoft Because what happen to Windows 8"?

I really don't get the title, and this option. If you don't like Windows 8, then don't get it. How can your dislike move on to all the things from Microsoft?