Would you buy anything from Microsoft after Windows 8?

Would you buy any of these  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy any of theses or notthing from MS?

• I would Buy Windows 8
    • I will not upgrade to Windows 8
    • I will not purchase anything again from Microsoft Because what happen to Windows 8, Please Explain in Post
    • I will not Purchase Windows 8 or Windows 9 is a disaster, Please Explain in Post

Of course I will buy windows 9 if it's not a metrofied POS ... would even buy windows 8 if they allow a normal desktop experience..I'd pay extra to have it.. they want 39.99 for upgrade. I'll pay 100 to have the option of booting to a desktop if I choose or to have a complete desktop experience if I choose...metro should be an app launched from the desktop.. not the other way around...

MS could learn alot from Linux and the UI being modular.. i.e. Gnome .. KDE.. etc..

The thing I always loved most about Windows was the customization.. I could have it any way I wanted.. now they are diminishing our ability to do that ...less choice is never a good thing

Kind of an stupid poll. There isn't a company on the planet that produces stuff that appeals to 100% of the customers 100% of the time, to think otherwise is delusional. Even if I didn't like 8, there's still quite a bit of other good stuff that they put out that I still would pay for.

Of course I will buy windows 9 if it's not a metrofied POS ... would even buy windows 8 if they allow a normal desktop experience..I'd pay extra to have it.. they want 39.99 for upgrade. I'll pay 100 to have the option of booting to a desktop if I choose or to have a complete desktop experience if I choose...metro should be an app launched from the desktop.. not the other way around...

MS could learn alot from Linux and the UI being modular.. i.e. Gnome .. KDE.. etc..

The thing I always loved most about Windows was the customization.. I could have it any way I wanted.. now they are diminishing our ability to do that ...less choice is never a good thing

Getting to the desktop is ONE bloody click!!! So you are writing off the entire OS because of that? Wow.

The release of "Surface" at an unbelievable $199 (rumored) will change everyones mind about Windows 8.... the snow ball starts with Surface, flows to desktop, on to phone, and then on to the new ZUNE... (or what ever they will call it).. I predicted people will HATE windows 8 but at $199 for your new "PC/tablet" mass adoption and love will come sooner then you think.

The Hell you say? May have to get 3 at that price. Have they published the specs on them yet? MS's page for surface doesn't give much info. http://www.surface.com/

But you can't have that on a tablet or mobile device, the idea is to unify the UX, not separate it.

Even if I don't like Windows 8 or choose to buy Windows 8, I'm not going to boycott the company for the rest of my life over it. I will just use what I want and move on. If they make another product in the future I'm not going to have second thoughts because of Windows 8.

By this logic you would have stopped using Microsoft products after Windows ME & Windows Vista.

Yep still will, The removed start menu is so minor and got used to Windows 8 very quickly. Anyone actually never going to buy anything Microsoft just because of Windows 8 is just dumb.

skipping 8, sticking with 7, that said.. aside from mice and a copy of office I have never purchased anything from microsoft.

skipping 8, sticking with 7, that said.. aside from mice and a copy of office I have never purchased anything from microsoft.

Umm, ok? You have only purchased mice and office from Microsoft? You must have purchased Windows 7 also. Might want to edit your post there firey.

Would I buy anything from Microsoft after Windows 8?

Sure. Why not? If I find they released a great product that seems enjoyable and/or is likely to increase my productivity.

Umm, ok? You have only purchased mice and office from Microsoft? You must have purchased Windows 7 also. Might want to edit your post there firey.

I must have? What makes you think that?

• Like 1

I got Windows 7 for free legally through MSDN:AA.

Ummm...

Office

Anything XBox related

Just two of their products I will always support. And I am sure there are a whole lot of other products.

Just because they make one dud, which FTR I have not even tried Windows 8 yet so I have no opinion, does not mean I am going to write off the entire company.

That is like me swearing off all flavors of Snapple because I do not like one of their more popular flavors.

Or going to a famous restaurant, and just because I do not like their signature dish, refusing to try any other dishes.

Or not watching a specific channel on cable TV because I hate one of the shows it airs.

I can go on and on, but I think you get my point.

It is absolutely silly IMHO to write off an entire company due to not liking one of their many, many products.

Granted that product is an OS, but Windows 7 is not going anywhere, at least no time soon.

But hey, if it makes you sleep better at night, more power to you.

I will not upgrayedd to Windows 8. But I will get it so that I'm familiar with new things.

Dreamspark (ex. MSDNAA) has kindly provided me with free stuff since 2006. Except Office, but I got that one with a hefty ISIC discount, too. I intend to keep it that way.

By this time tomorrow evening, I will have one Server 2012 and 8 VMs running at work and my home system will be Windows 8 Pro.

I will buy Halo 4 on 11/6

I will buy Surface or some other Windows RT tablet in Oct/Nov.

I will buy a few more Xbox games between now and December.

I will probably buy a Microsoft mouse sometime soon.

Do I need to say what option I voted for? :p

Have those been released yet?

No, I'm guessing they won't come out till just before retail release

"I hate Windows 8, therefore I wil hate Microsoft forever" is a bit of an extreme philosophy, and sounds like something Stallman would say.

Just before he snacked down on a bunion or two

Sure, I will continue to buy products from MS, can't wait to buy Office 2013 for example, as for Windows 8 I'll buy it the first second buying it becomes an option for me, I absolutely do not miss the Start Menu at all, I find the Start Screen much more useful and It has been no problem for me getting used to the new OS at all, I find it so much faster and all my software (Except Video Card drivers) works even better than before, I don't miss 7 at all, happy camper here :)

I must have? What makes you think that?

Hmm. Ok then.

I got Windows 7 for free legally through MSDN:AA.

Technically, an MSDN subscription isn't free. I paid alot for mine.

Hmm. Ok then.

Technically, an MSDN subscription isn't free. I paid alot for mine.

Te MSDN:AA Subscription is given to students free through their School, it's how I got my Windows 7, or one of them.

Ak ok. I don't attend college, so I didn't know it was free. But aren't you paying for college? So every thing would be in the price you pay to goto school. Anyways, glad it wasn't something else. ;)