Photo

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you live on another Planet or Stay on the Earth if you had a choice?

Would you go to Mars if they can fix it up like Earth?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Would you go to Another Planet that is like Earth with integrated Human Beings if they have Humans and is like the Earth

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Would you live on this Earth for the rest of your life and don't want to travel to another Planet?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 vetLOC

LOC

I finally changed this.

• 13,944 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:32

The appeal of living on a new planet would be to shape a future devoid of the current flaws in society. That said, my concern is that the ability to start again would lead to new mistakes being made. The most obvious example of that in recent history would be the US, which was founded partly to escape the religious persecution many were facing in Europe - unfortunately the US has ended up with more religious problems than most. It's the same with guns, which were designed to protect liberty but now threaten lives - it's one of the reasons the US murder rate is 4-7x higher than western-European countries like Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Norway and the UK.

Without a strong culture and vision you risk any newly colonised planet becoming much worse than Earth.

We have religious problems here in the US? Last I checked freedom of religion was still in place around here...or did you mean something else entirely that I don't know about?

Guns though, yes. Though technically if you go by the "Right to bear arms" line exactly, it doesn't actually have to mean guns. Just knives, or a weapon to defend yourself and property like you know, a giant machete or something :D I still say the invention of gun powder and guns themselves are the worst thing Humanity has ever thought up. Hey I know, let's make this little thing here that shoots this even littler thing here at other people you don't like or don't even know and hey it kills them instantly! Smart thinking.

As for the poll, yes I'd leave this dump of a planet without question. It's going downhill fast on this little blue ball sadly. I don't know what's going to happen to our society in say, 10 years let alone 100 years from now. But I do know the way we are currently going around the world, there won't be much left by the time the 22nd century comes around probably. Which is pretty sad. However, the new planet (if it is a similar copy to Earth) must have take out food. Specifically a good chinese place and a good italian place. Also, a good movie theater and access to the universal net™ :)

#17 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:02

I would love to see another planet, and even live there. I have ever since I saw Star Trek as a boy.

#18 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,888 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:03

I do have a choice :happy: