pc xbox360 ps3 sleeping dogs

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 OP TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Starry

• 4,938 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:44

I'm loving the game so far. Playing it on PC with a controller, I love the graphics to be honest. The city looks beatiful. And just can't get enough of the story :|

I like using a controller until I get to the gunplay.

http://penny-arcade....-games-is...-sq

O’Connell also claimed that a good PC version can help all versions of the game. “The PC gaming audience can be very influential. They’re very vocal, and I think they respect and appreciate when effort is made."

Damn right. I wouldn't have even been interested if it was another DX9 game.

#32 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,650 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:56

Those blooming fat guys do my head in. They are easy one on one as they never block but with a group they can get off a few hits and completely drain your health.
I was doing a fight club, got to the last wave and had three guys left and full health. Within about 5 seconds i was dead. Blooming fat guy!

#33 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

• 9,352 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 14:21

Larry- i assume you're on PS3?

Good to hear people are liking this game, i will be getting it sometimes soon after not wanting initially. it doesn't look much like HK at all, but then the developers said it's pseudo-Hong Kong. is most of it in English or Cantonese?

#34 mattmatik

mattmatik

formerly soLoredd

• 4,922 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 14:32

Is it true you don't get to use guns until you progress a fair bit?

#35 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,650 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 14:32

Good to hear people are liking this game, i will be getting it sometimes soon after not wanting initially. it doesn't look much like HK at all, but then the developers said it's pseudo-Hong Kong. is most of it in English or Cantonese?

It reminds me of Assassins Creed in that the dialogue is mostly in english but will slip in Cantonese is certain parts, mostly for swearing.
The voice acting is excellent, so i'm sure you won't miss cantonese.

Is it true you don't get to use guns until you progress a fair bit?

True, it is a few missions in before you get any guns and then after that you still rely heavily on melee combat.
It is so well done though that you enjoy every fight.

#36 PsychD

PsychD

Neowinian

• 103 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 14:34

Larry- i assume you're on PS3?

It's mostly English, but most of the swearing is in Cantonese..

After I've been playing for a while another thought popped into my head, the dating is just.. weird. You take a girl out, you do your business , and then you never talk to her again, except for when she calls you to complain about your other ladies.

#37 vetLOC

LOC

I finally changed this.

• 13,732 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 14:36

They left in the Cantonese for authenticity's sake from what the UF devs have said. Plus, people here in NA and Europe etc love playing Japanese or Chinese (or Asian in general I guess) games with either subtitles on, or in their native tongue still in. I know I do, it's just more...immersive depending on the game. Certainly is for Sleeping Dogs. Played the 2 mission demo just now, really nice. The high res textures aren't in the demo obviously but the game still looks mighty nice. It's great you can skip in game cinematics/cut scenes also, I hate how some ports (and games in general) don't allow this simple thing.

#38 Colin McGregor

Colin McGregor

Neowinian Senior

• 1,704 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Ativ S WP8

Posted 23 August 2012 - 14:38

Loved the game from beginning to end. Took me a while to get all the cameras and lockboxes but in case anyone didn't know if you call the girls that give you their numbers and do the quest each girl unlocks something showing up on your minimap (Cameras, Lockboxes, Praying spots). They show in your minimap though, the big map only shows ones you already unlocked. Confused me at first lol

It's mostly English, but most of the swearing is in Cantonese..

After I've been playing for a while another thought popped into my head, the dating is just.. weird. You take a girl out, you do your business , and then you never talk to her again, except for when she calls you to complain about your other ladies.

As my above post says, you date them for the one quest to get an unlockable, and you gotta date the russian girl to unlock the final police case.

#39 Nerd Rage

Nerd Rage

RAGE!

• 872 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 14:40

I am really enjoying this game. I think I am probably about done with the main storyline missions, but it never gets old getting my fastest car and just mowing people down and running from the police......just like good ole GTA :)

#40 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,650 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 14:40

They do show on your big map to you press the "X" button or keyboard alternative. This is only when you unlock the locations through a girlfriend.

#41 ViperAFK

ViperAFK

Neowinian Senior

• 10,700 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 17:23

Those blooming fat guys do my head in. They are easy one on one as they never block but with a group they can get off a few hits and completely drain your health.
I was doing a fight club, got to the last wave and had three guys left and full health. Within about 5 seconds i was dead. Blooming fat guy!

I recorded videos of all the martial arts clubs (only uploaded one so far). This one has quite a few of those fat dudes near the end:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vv0k661duk

and here's another:

#42 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

• 9,352 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 14:55

thanks for the info guys, i guess it'll do that most of it is English and then some is Cantonese. the guy's technically an American working in Hong Kong, right? it would have been nicer to have the language fully authentic as LOC mentioned, but i can see their logic in doing this.

#43 OP TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Starry

• 4,938 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 16:36

thanks for the info guys, i guess it'll do that most of it is English and then some is Cantonese. the guy's technically an American working in Hong Kong, right? it would have been nicer to have the language fully authentic as LOC mentioned, but i can see their logic in doing this.

Actually this is where he was born. Went to America afterwards...then came back.

#44 azspeedbullet

azspeedbullet

Neowinian

• 255 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:34

does this game work in Windows 8 RTM?

#45 OP TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Starry

• 4,938 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 13:34

Apparently yes.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!