• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#46 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 16,884 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 03 September 2012 - 16:36

Neo, I am on the PS3 Yep. These days unless it is an exclusive I get my games on it. Have 2 in my house so more time to play upstairs plus and I do prefer the simplicity of the XMB.

I pretty much stopped playing the game when Counter Strike came out, but I am pretty close to deciding on doing the Keep It Now option through Gamefly. Comes to $28 as I have 2 $5 credits at Gamefly and the one expires today so I am getting $10 off the price. I figured if there is a game I should purchase this is it, one of those games I can always come back to. Just slightly hesitant as I know so many good games are coming out soon. What do people think? Is it worth buying as the game I fall back to when there is nothing else to play?

#47 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,712 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 17:25

Neo, I am on the PS3 Yep. These days unless it is an exclusive I get my games on it. Have 2 in my house so more time to play upstairs plus and I do prefer the simplicity of the XMB.

I pretty much stopped playing the game when Counter Strike came out, but I am pretty close to deciding on doing the Keep It Now option through Gamefly. Comes to $28 as I have 2 $5 credits at Gamefly and the one expires today so I am getting $10 off the price. I figured if there is a game I should purchase this is it, one of those games I can always come back to. Just slightly hesitant as I know so many good games are coming out soon. What do people think? Is it worth buying as the game I fall back to when there is nothing else to play?

As much as i liked the game. I would hold out for a different game. You think in a few weeks we're going to have Borderlands 2 and then in a months time we've got AC3.
I would send it back and then wait in the future and get it cheaper or around the time new DLC comes out. Supposedly they've got 6 months of DLC coming.

#48 bgjerlow

bgjerlow

Neowinian

• 323 posts
  • Phone: Samsung ATIV S

Posted 03 September 2012 - 19:56

Just completed all favors today, plus got +90% in all the karaoke songs. Was a good laugh :p

#49 OP TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,168 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:19

I'm a 46/50 achievements. I have no idea what melee weapons I have and haven't used, and the last two will be a major pain in the ass.

Only other game I've gone for all the achievements in is Just Cause 2 :)

#50 bgjerlow

bgjerlow

Neowinian

• 323 posts
  • Phone: Samsung ATIV S

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:21

I'm a 46/50 achievements. I have no idea what melee weapons I have and haven't used, and the last two will be a major pain in the ass.

Only other game I've gone for all the achievements in is Just Cause 2 :)

Here's a little list. All of these you're can find in the street and/or use in missions:
1. Purse/handbag (Available on the street)
2. Briefcase (Available on the street)
3. Umbrella (Available on the street)
4. Knife (Street fights)
5. Cleaver (Mission)
6. Tire iron (Available in the favors called "Cheaters never prosper")
7. Grinder (use it on the mission you do with Jackie)
8. Kitchen knife
9. Fish (Mission)
10. Frying pan (Mission)
11. Machete (Mission)
12. Crowbar (Street fights)

I'm currently trying to get myself, and have the frying pan and briefcase left to do. I just need to find a damn frying pan somewhere... I'll let you know where/if I find one.

#51 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,712 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:00

I believe the frying pan is in the kitchen where you start out in the game.

#52 OP TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,168 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:31

Here's a little list. All of these you're can find in the street and/or use in missions:
1. Purse/handbag (Available on the street)
2. Briefcase (Available on the street)
3. Umbrella (Available on the street)
4. Knife (Street fights)
5. Cleaver (Mission)
6. Tire iron (Available in the favors called "Cheaters never prosper")
7. Grinder (use it on the mission you do with Jackie)
8. Kitchen knife
9. Fish (Mission)
10. Frying pan (Mission)
11. Machete (Mission)
12. Crowbar (Street fights)

I'm currently trying to get myself, and have the frying pan and briefcase left to do. I just need to find a damn frying pan somewhere... I'll let you know where/if I find one.

You can grab a tire iron out of any trunk that doesn't have a human in it :shifty:

Thanks for the list, I'll try the first three and see if that sends me over the top.

#53 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

• 10,466 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:58

hey Larry, thanks for the update. what happened to your PC? or is that for FPS only? i got the 360 version of Sleeping Dogs like two weeks ago and still have not even taken it out of the box. that's the state of my gaming these days.

#54 compl3x

compl3x

OK. compl3x again.

• 7,923 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 17 March 2013 - 15:38

No need to start a new topic to discuss the newest DLC:

Sleeping Dogs - Year of the Snake DLC

Posted Image

It is the eve of Chinese New Year, and Cultists have emerged to cleanse the city of Hong Kong so that they will earn their salvation after what they believe will be the end of the world. Earn back your honor in the HKPD by sabotaging the cultist plot across six new missions set after the original Sleeping Dogs story.

Please note that there is no Russian language support available for this content. This DLC will not be loaded if the current language is set to Russian.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!