I do a lot of programming and recently installing a lot of pkgs to do various things and I came across a Package Manager for OS X. I have limited space on my mac because its an SSD and Packages don't normally come with Uninstallers as far as I can tell and are quite tricky to manage in OS X so I was wondering,

Has anyone used this: http://mxcl.github.com/homebrew/

and is it any good?

Matt.

I been using it to manage NodeJS and it seems really good to keep packages up to date when programming, shame it doesn't have Mono on it yet (for developing, testing and compiling .NET applications). I usually shy away from things which modify permissions around and run things with 'sudo' but this is really good.

I been using it to manage NodeJS and it seems really good to keep packages up to date when programming, shame it doesn't have Mono on it yet (for developing, testing and compiling .NET applications). I usually shy away from things which modify permissions around and run things with 'sudo' but this is really good.

that's the main reason to check out macports as well. It has mono (and many more packages, last I checked)