Terrifying photos of ghosts that will keep you up at night

Ghosts are real, as real as you. ;)

And why are they photos 'obvious fakes' ?

Without proof, they are not and there isn't proof. And no Hum a picture is not proof.

• 2 weeks later...

"Who ya gonna call? Ghostbusters!" I make light of posts like this. But I have seen my fair share of things. I am one of the true believers. As for these pics, I think at least one, if not 2 were actually proven to be hoaxes.

These are obvious fakes, but I do believe in the paranormal. I do believe there is something happening which science cannot provide for yet.

The problem for me is all this is way to easy to fake. I wont beleve in ghost unless i see one, actully i probably still won't as ill just assume im hallucinating.

Intresting photos all the same.

The problem for me is all this is way to easy to fake. I wont believe in ghost unless i see one, actually i probably still won't as ill just assume im hallucinating.

Interesting photos all the same.

What can not be faked these days ... ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Call me blind, but I can't even see the ghost in the first picture :wacko:

Partial hand on the dresser I think. The one I don't see is in the third pic? Is that that Emperor Palpatine? LOL

Partial hand on the dresser I think. The one I don't see is in the third pic? Is that that Emperor Palpatine? LOL

You can see a whole (clothed) arm, if you look.

3rd pic: This photograph was taken during the American Civil War. A ghost, believed to be that of a dead soldier, was captured walking up these stairs in a basement.

Some soldiers wore capes.

Why would film based cameras be able to see ghosts that the naked eye can not ?

I can understand digital can see other light spectrums, but can film ? I'd have thought a film camera would only see what we can see

The 3rd one can't be real. Back then, cameras couldn't snap quick pictures, and there was a long exposure with an elaborate camera setup. So unless the "ghost" was standing there for a few minutes, it's fake. But even the story behind it is that it's a ghost caught walking up the stairs. So that alone disproves it.

Why would film based cameras be able to see ghosts that the naked eye can not ?

I can understand digital can see other light spectrums, but can film ? I'd have thought a film camera would only see what we can see

Some film can be sensitive to light frequencies that the eye is not.

Also, the mental attitude of the person can block out what would otherwise be perceivable.

The 3rd one can't be real. Back then, cameras couldn't snap quick pictures, and there was a long exposure with an elaborate camera setup. So unless the "ghost" was standing there for a few minutes, it's fake. But even the story behind it is that it's a ghost caught walking up the stairs. So that alone disproves it.

Or the 'ghost' could have just been standing at the stairs, resting his leg on one.

Note that the leg is propped up on a third step.

Most people do not walk up steps, 3 at a time.

Ghosts are not always spirits -- a building can retain imprints of past events, which can be 'reactivated' by the perciever.

All of those I could easily reproduce without any post editing. most of them are either long exposure with one or more flashes, or double exposure. one is just an old rag hanging on a line, don't see what's so ghosty about that. one is just a shadow, and an obvious off camera shadow at that. and the last one is really bright sunlight from the tall narrow windows shining on a person setting on the bench behind making him/her very over exposed. you can however see his/her pants clear as they are in shadows.

Still waiting for the ghosts that are unexplained and will scare me. these are not it. give me something that can't be reproduced with simple photo tricks.

Or the 'ghost' could have just been standing at the stairs, resting his leg on one.

Note that the leg is propped up on a third step.

Most people do not walk up steps, 3 at a time.

Ghosts are not always spirits -- a building can retain imprints of past events, which can be 'reactivated' by the perciever.

He's nto on the stairs at all. look at it, it's a shadow from off camera, otherwise he'd be the shortest person in the world with one very long leg. even the perspective of the shadow shows you clearly it's a shadow from off camera and not a ghost on the stairs.