Powerball Jackpot Surges to $320 Million

Get your tickets ? the Powerball jackpot has grown to $320 million for Wednesday?s drawing, the fourth-largest prize in the lottery's history.

If taken as a lump sum, the cash value of the jackpot is $213.3 million, according to powerball.com. The prize grew after no one matched all six numbers in the multistate lottery drawing on Saturday. Although no one hit all six winning numbers ? 4, 13, 39, 46, 51 and 1 as the Powerball ? five tickets won $1 million because they matched five of six winning numbers. Those tickets were sold in Florida, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and New Jersey.

The national drawing, which is held in 42 states and the District of Columbia, is set to be the fourth-largest in Powerball history. In 2006, the top prize of $365 million went to eight workers in a ConAgra meatpacking plant in Lincoln, Neb., New York Lottery spokeswoman Christy Calicchia told FoxNews.com. (The largest all-time U.S. lottery winning occurred in March when three winning tickets split a Mega Millions prize of $656 million.)

The odds of winning the jackpot are 1 in 175 million, while the odds of winning any prize ? including $4 for selecting the Powerball ? are 1 in 31, according to the lottery?s website.

more

I have no idea what I'd do with that much money besides buy a small house for myself and buy a 67 Mustang. So far, two people have randomly told me to play. Must obviously be a sign...haha. Wait, when's the deadline to play? I don't think I've ever bought a lottery ticket before.

I have no idea what I'd do with that much money besides buy a small house for myself and buy a 67 Mustang. So far, two people have randomly told me to play. Must obviously be a sign...haha. Wait, when's the deadline to play? I don't think I've ever bought a lottery ticket before.

9:59 pm in Pennsylvania. Hurry ! :woot:

9:59 pm in Pennsylvania. Hurry !

Ohh man... I'm too lazy to drive to a gas station at this hour. Too bad you can't play online! I'll pass. But just to be sure, I would have played 4,9,27,44,13, and 54. I am going to be quite upset if they win.

But just to be sure, I would have played 4,9,27,44,13, and 54. I am going to be quite upset if they win.

*scribbles down hurriedly*

*rushes off to convenience store* :shifty:

The idiots who win will probably say they'll keep working. I don't know why people always say that when they win the lottery. Tell your employer to stick their job, on national T.V., if you get the chance.

The idiots who win will probably say they'll keep working. I don't know why people always say that when they win the lottery. Tell your employer to stick their job, on national T.V., if you get the chance.

Some people like their jobs

Some people like their jobs

So you have 320 million dollars but you keep working, wasting large amounts of your time for a wage you'd probably be able to earn by doing nothing if you invested the money?

I cannot think of 1 job which would be worth that.

So you have 320 million dollars but you keep working, wasting large amounts of your time for a wage you'd probably be able to earn by doing nothing if you invested the money?

I cannot think of 1 job which would be worth that.

Im a trader, right now I earn to live but if I had money I wouldn't quit Id trade for fun and to see how well I could do for the sake of it. Others might start a business which still requires spending your time doing something. Most would still call it work. It's not like those with that kind of wealth already sit around all day doing nothing. Many of them still work. Sure Id spend time playing but at some point myself and I would think others still want some sort of regularity in their lives. Jobs can provide that, specially if you like what you do.

oh em gee! :o

I would allocate x amount, few million probably to spend on whatever me and my fiancee wanted. Buy a nice house and decorate it from scratch, alot on technology stuff, give my parents and my fiancees mum a few million then save the rest and live off the interest. :)

Winning Powerball Ticket Sold in Michigan

A ticket sold in Michigan matched all five numbers including the Powerball to win the jackpot estimated at $337 million, according to Powerball.com.

Andi Brancato, a Michigan lottery spokesman, tells ABC News Radio that the winning ticket was sold at a Sunoco gas station in Lapeer, Mich. There is no word yet on the identity of the lucky winner.

Wednesday's night's winning numbers were 6, 27, 46, 51, 56 and the Powerball was 21.

more

But just to be sure, I would have played 4,9,27,44,13, and 54. I am going to be quite upset if they win.

You missed every number. :p

I wouldnt want my identity known if I won the lottery!! No chance.

And I dont know if its the same in teh US but in the UK do you not get two options for receiving the money. Either

• all of it as one lump sum
  • Broken down into a yearly amount

I think lump sum would be best if *read when haha* I win it.

I'd be so damn bored if I quit work.

I would spend alot of time decorating a new house, setting up an epic home entertainment system, building computers and epic workstations, alot of personal projects, travel then moer than likely do some sort of work to pass the time ONLY if I ran out of things to do haha