• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16 OP compl3x

compl3x

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:28

That's definitely a bummer.

I had to re-download all of my PS+ content. All of my important save files were backed-up to the cloud so it wasn't a complete loss.

#17 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:28

<p>

Wii U supports unlimited sized external drives.. at nintendo thing the other day, Reggie said, Plug your 3TB External and you&#39;ll be good. Kind of awesome in that regard.

</p>
Awesome. This is all I needed to know. Thanks for sharing. (Y)
So since I missed the video, is there any really documented differences between the basic and delux besides internal memory size, color, and the deluxe comes with Nintendo world?
If those are the only major differences, I will keep the basic order then if it turns out I cannot upgrade to a deluxe edition, as honestly I can probably do without Nintendo World or whatever the game is called.
Very good news indeed. I figured they would do the external HD thing again. :punk:

#18 nominak

nominak

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:32

<p>
</p>
Awesome. This is all I needed to know. Thanks for sharing. (Y)
So since I missed the video, is there any really documented differences between the basic and delux besides internal memory size, color, and the deluxe comes with Nintendo world?
If those are the only major differences, I will keep the basic order then if it turns out I cannot upgrade to a deluxe edition, as honestly I can probably do without Nintendo World or whatever the game is called.
Very good news indeed. I figured they would do the external HD thing again. :punk:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Those are the differences... basically you get some stands for the Wii U and 2 for the controller one of them is a charging base I believe, and 32GB for the Deluxe.. also the Deluxe gets that special promotion for purchasing games through the EShop.

I'm torn. I want a Black Wii U, but I don't know if I need all the stuff. I can buy the Basic Wii U and get NSMBU and be pretty content with that until I can afford any more titles :p

#19 OP compl3x

compl3x

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:42

White Wii U would look out-of-place in my current setup so when I buy a Wii U, it'll be a black one.

#20 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:56

Those are the differences... basically you get some stands for the Wii U and 2 for the controller one of them is a charging base I believe, and 32GB for the Deluxe.. also the Deluxe gets that special promotion for purchasing games through the EShop.

I'm torn. I want a Black Wii U, but I don't know if I need all the stuff. I can buy the Basic Wii U and get NSMBU and be pretty content with that until I can afford any more titles :p

Thanks for this, definitely.
Damn, the deluxe is obviously the much better deal, now I know why they were sold out. :laugh:
I honestly did not expect to find out they were sold out already of the preorders, the response online was so lackluster I just assumed they would be available, or I would have done it they day they were announced.
Well, just going to keep on calling GameStop to see what is up, the dude told me I could call every day if I want to see if they have any more deluxe editions for preorder. I told him he would regret telling me that, as I would call every day asking. :rofl:

But yeah honestly at the end of the day, the basic will do me just fine. My wife hates when I leave electronics out anyway, so even though the stands/chargers of the deluxe are another reason I want it, she would be a stop to them being on display right quick. :huh: :D

I am also going to be keeping any eye on Amazon US site. I read the Uk site did preorders, so hoping the American site comes around as well.

Thanks for the fast response and the help. Much appreciated.

White Wii U would look out-of-place in my current setup so when I buy a Wii U, it'll be a black one.

Black would definitely match my stuff better as well, although I do have a White Wii and XBox 360 currently, so would not be the end of the world. But I do prefer black if possible.

Yeah, just going to annoy the hell out of GameStop, going to set myself up a reminder to call them every morning until release. :shiftyninja:

#21 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:28

Well, after a little investigating, looks like one place still did have the Deluxe available for Pre-Order...

Posted Image

SO yeah, hopefully this means I got it through WalMart.com. I paid the extra $7 for expedited shipping (regular shipping was $7.97 to get it the week it comes out as well.

I am going to still keep my preorder with Gamestop and see what happens, if I can upgrade to the Deluxe through them, I will, and just keep the 2 and see if I can put the second one up on Craiglist since they seem like they may be hard to find once they are released. Who knows, maybe I can make a few bucks on top of everything. :woot:

So yeah, anyone looking for the deluxe in the US, looks like Walmart.com may be your only option right now. Here is a direct link to it...

#22 notuptome2004

notuptome2004

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:22

http://www.nintendo....#/wii-u-preview

here is the link to the whole launch stuff plus Nintendo TVii click on the Nintendo TV part and watch that gonna be great

#23 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

Posted 18 September 2012 - 00:53

http://www.nintendo....#/wii-u-preview

here is the link to the whole launch stuff plus Nintendo TVii click on the Nintendo TV part and watch that gonna be great

Thanks man, going to watch at work tomorrow.

And looks like I got incredibly lucky grabbing that deluxe model at Walmart when I did last night, as they too are also now currently sold out online, and Walmart now says to expect the next wave to ship on December 31st. :s
WiiU_Walmart_SOLDOUT.jpg

Not even sure why I checked Walmart.com last night, but I am glad I did. No doubt.

I am even going to keep my Basic preorder at GameStop as well for now, considering they are also selling out. I would not even be one of those people that sell it for hundreds more, but if I can make a few extra dollars, hell I would be happy with the $50 difference between the basic and deluxe, then I will not complain at all.

#24 notuptome2004

notuptome2004

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:21

Nintendo TVii hands on

#25 Doli

Doli

Goo ball

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:12

#26 jerzdawg

jerzdawg

Neowinian

Posted 18 September 2012 - 13:28

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5QoFmYaQaQ

wow, im sold. game just looks like a whole lot of fun.

#27 Xilo

Xilo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 September 2012 - 13:29

Wonder how much Nintendo is paying these companies for exclusives. Must be an assload to betray the consoles and fans that made these franchises a success.

#28 ~Johnny

~Johnny

Earthling

Posted 18 September 2012 - 13:38

Wonder how much Nintendo is paying these companies for exclusives. Must be an assload to betray the consoles and fans that made these franchises a success.

I'd assume they didn't pay anything for Rayman Legends, that was just Ubisoft's choice for a game they could get out rather quickly and tailored towards the Wii U (I do remember a fuss about the engine that Rayman runs on allowing the developers to create levels and assets extremely quickly). Ubisoft always support console launches, moreso than any other company, even if only a couple of games they launch are worth it and the rest is just there for a quick money grab.

For Bayonetta, Sega had dropped it anyway, so they didn't have to pay much for exclusivity. They brought the game back from the dead and became it's publisher, exclusivity was kind of a given :p

#29 jerzdawg

jerzdawg

Neowinian

Posted 18 September 2012 - 14:54

Must be an assload to betray the consoles and fans that made these franchises a success.

and which console is being betrayed here? I am not all that familiar with Rayman but I mainly have seen the game on Nintendo. I know since then xbox and ps have had multiple releases of rayman games. Dont get me wrong, I hate exclusives just as much as the next guy but I understand it from a business perspective.

#30 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 18 September 2012 - 15:08

and which console is being betrayed here? I am not all that familiar with Rayman but I mainly have seen the game on Nintendo. I know since then xbox and ps have had multiple releases of rayman games. Dont get me wrong, I hate exclusives just as much as the next guy but I understand it from a business perspective.

The original Rayman game was released on Atari Jaguar. So no betrayal here. It was then ported to Playstation, Saturn and NIntendo consoles (Gameboy and maybe N64 not sure about N64 tough).

The Saturn can't be considered a betrayal ;)

Rayman has been a success on Playstation consoles and Gameboy mostly. It has appeared on XBox consoles but mostly a flop i think. Anyway can't be said the XBox made Rayman success.

SO basically they "betray" the Playstation only. So console should be singular in his message.

I don't think real exclusivity actually makes sense from a business perspective unless you get money from the manufacturer.

But in this case a time exclusivity could be used as a marketing stunt. Sorta like Splinter Cell xbox time exclusivity.

Let's be honest Rayman is not as popular as it used to be. Releasing it as a lauch exclusite title will make people talk about it then you can still release it for the PS3 and XBox 360 couple of months or weeks later.

It looks like a good game. But nothing that could not be done on a tablet probably. But since the Wii U cost about the same as a tablet might not be a problem.