• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• Tech Issues Solved: 6
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928

Posted 18 September 2012 - 15:11

Still not enough to make me want to purchase a Wii U yet. I might think about it later on if they are going to release a Metroid game for it. However, the Wii only had one metroid game :(

#32 ~Johnny

~Johnny

Earthling

Posted 18 September 2012 - 15:16

Still not enough to make me want to purchase a Wii U yet. I might think about it later on if they are going to release a Metroid game for it. However, the Wii only had one metroid game :(

Well, two. But I think it's fair to say most of us do like to imagine Metroid: Other M never actually existed :p (The Prime Trilogy box was nice though).

#33 jerzdawg

jerzdawg

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 18 September 2012 - 16:31

I don't think real exclusivity actually makes sense from a business perspective unless you get money from the manufacturer.

thats what I meant, the console company paying for the exclusive - games push the console so companies need to do something to reel people in. I know the only reason I bought a PS2 back in the day was to play GTA, Im sure others did the same for Halo, Gears of War, God of War, etc. Obviously the people who own all 3 consoles dont worry about things like this (unless its exclusive DLC - which that is all BS to me).

#34 migo

migo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:24

Wonder how much Nintendo is paying these companies for exclusives. Must be an assload to betray the consoles and fans that made these franchises a success.

These days a lot of gamers have 2 consoles of any generation, if not more. I used to have a PS2, Xbox and GameCube. Still have the PS2, sold the GameCube because I now have a Wii. Stopped playing any games on the Xbox a long time ago, and have some backwards compatibility on the 360. I don't have a PS3 this generation, but that's fine. For mobile gaming I've got my Windows Phone, a BlackBerry PlayBook and an iPod touch. Missing out on an Android device (gf has a Nexus 7 though), a 3DS and a Vita, but that's still half the available platforms. When next gen comes around, I'm sure I'll have at least 2 of the consoles (eventually).

thats what I meant, the console company paying for the exclusive - games push the console so companies need to do something to reel people in. I know the only reason I bought a PS2 back in the day was to play GTA, Im sure others did the same for Halo, Gears of War, God of War, etc. Obviously the people who own all 3 consoles dont worry about things like this (unless its exclusive DLC - which that is all BS to me).

It could be development effort. Given that the Wii U is an incremental upgrade from the 360, it makes sense if you made a game with the 360 as the lead platform to make its sequel on the Wii U. I doubt Nintendo had to twist Platinum's arm too much to make Bayonetta 2 a Wii U exclusive. They might decide to swing back and put Bayonetta 3 on the next gen Xbox, as that would be the next logical hardware upgrade from the Wii U.

#35 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 27 October 2012 - 14:26

Damn, just got an email from Amazon since I had this preordered that it has been delayed until March 2013, Googled it and sure enough there it was on a few game sites a few weeks back. What is crazy is this still falls into Nintendo's Launch Window. :s

Oh well, as much as I am looking forward to the game, that is fine with me, March is when things usually slow down to a crawl to play (not so much next year though), so a new Rayman game to play then sounds good.

#36 OP compl3x

compl3x

One day until retirement

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:24

Damn, just got an email from Amazon since I had this preordered that it has been delayed until March 2013, Googled it and sure enough there it was on a few game sites a few weeks back. What is crazy is this still falls into Nintendo's Launch Window. :s

Oh well, as much as I am looking forward to the game, that is fine with me, March is when things usually slow down to a crawl to play (not so much next year though), so a new Rayman game to play then sounds good.

I still think it is a bit of a blow for Ninty not to have RL available immediately after launch. I think a lot of people were looking forward to that title.

Although, it does work out better for people like me who will probably wait until mid next year to pick up a Wii U. ¯\_(シ)_/¯

#37 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:46

I still think it is a bit of a blow for Ninty not to have RL available immediately after launch. I think a lot of people were looking forward to that title.

It was easily one of the top launch titles, so a delay is pretty disappointing.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!