Google Play Store Gift Cards - Finally!

Dunno what took them so long but app developers should be loving this. You can now give your kids money to add to their accounts without putting your credit card there!

google-play-cards.jpg

We've already seen the Google Play Store app getting prepped for gift cards -- and now we've scored the cards themselves. (Or, at least, a look at the outer wrapping.) We've been slipped a few pics of $10 and $25 gift cards, clearly branded for Google Play, with "Music Movies Books Apps & More" listed at the bottom.

It'll be interesting to see how they get positioned at retail alongside the likes of iTunes and Barnes & Noble and lord knows how many other gift cards, but this much is certain -- that triangular logo we were never too sure about should stand out pretty well.

Also unknown is where, exactly, the cards will be available. On a micro level, that means individual stores. Best Buy? Target? Wallmart? We'll see. But nearly as important is the global level. Developers hate seeing U.S.-only launches and, frankly, we're not fond of them either. (Not like we'll turn it down, but we'd prefer everyone has a chance to play. Google likely would agree.)

So, yeah. Gift cards are coming, and it looks like they're coming sooner rather than later.

We've got a couple more pics after the break for good measure.

Forgot source: http://www.androidcentral.com/google-play-gift-cards-are-real-and-heres-what-they-look

Interesting! I still have my $25 market credit from the purchase of my Nexus 7. Don't know if I'm being cheap, but I can't find anything to spend it on!