Young cancer patient offers tearful goodbye in YouTube video

A Wisconsin man with terminal cancer has taped a YouTube video in which he bids farewell to loved ones and tells viewers through heart-wrenching sobs, "I tried so hard, fought so hard. But the fight is over."

"So, I don't know what to say, or if I'm leaving something out," says Eric McLean, 28, of Two Rivers, in the clip that has been watched nearly 320,000 times as of Thursday afternoon.

"I'm so scared. God, is it scary. So much I want to say. You know, I'm 28 years old. I'm going to miss everyone. My family, my brothers and sisters and parents, my wife, Cari. I love you so much, babe. I love you so much."

more

:( :cry:

Holy ****. I started crying literally 20 seconds in. I actually could not watch the whole thing. I seriously could not.

Wow. Just wow.

I just cannot fathom it, I really cannot. The logical side of me just says there is nothing. Nada. It is just over.

But the hopeful side of me does hope there is some kind of afterlife. Like I really hope. But the realist in me just finds that so hard to believe.

Damn. Just damn.

Truly brave of him to do. Like beyond brave.

Rest in peace my man. I did not know you at all, but you did just touch my life.

Godspeed guy, may all your courage go rewarded on the other side, if anything, I hope you will be better than us right now...

• 3 weeks later...

I can't even bring myself to watch that - I know it would be excruciatingly sad. I feel so, so sorry for anyone unfortunate enough to be cursed with a disease like cancer. It's terrible and I can only hope we advance science enough one day to be able to treat anyone who suffers from it.

I can only hope that he either gets a miracle, or when it finally comes, he's surrounded by the people he loves and goes peacefully.