What is the name of your WiFi Network (SSID)?

Here's my mac if you want to find me

Just saying - for example the shorthorn ssid given

post-14624-0-04197800-1345301613_thumb.p

People won't post their private IP, 192.168.1.100 when your trying to help them troubleshoot their network.. But hey posting up my SSID that I broadcast in the AIR that anyone can see, and people do an log.. Sure lets post that up on a public forum.

Wireless MAC can be searched as well.

post-14624-0-52584100-1345301770_thumb.p

Just trying to point out some common sense here.. Your Private IPs and wired MACs, local machine names/domain names that people are so paranoid about posting. Which make it easier to explain to the poster what exact machine talking about, etc. Lets not post those for privacy concerns -- but hey here is my SSID that might just be in a database.

Feel free to see if yours is listed - mine is

And its off by maybe 2 houses on the map it link.

Does it really matter? Look up my name in the white pages and you've got my address and phone number too. Privacy is overrated.

And are you posting your real name on public forum? If so then its not a big deal no. That is clearly not something everyone is all that open to doing, I find it hard to believe that "Ambroos" is your given name? ;) I sure don't see your full name in your profile.. Belgium is a fairly large place, bit bigger than chicagoland

Seems your not understanding the point I am trying to make.. Maybe you don't notice it since your not frequent in the networking sections of this forum.

I get frustrated all the time with trying to help people, and getting info is like pulling teeth sometimes. They block out computer name, they block out their private IP address, they block out MAC address of their wired interfaces.. They are concerned about privacy -- when these things are completely utterly meaningless in trying to track someone down.

Does i5-w7.local.lan tell you anything other than my computers is prob I5 chip running windows 7 ;) Does 192.168.1.100 tell you anything, does 18-03-73-B1-0D-D3 tell you anything.. Other than who made my nic? No -- but block those out! when trying to get some help.. Stuff you can use to relate to the posters network, point to them what exactly device is having the problem.

But when it comes to posting your SSID that hopefully is UNIQUE at least for your area.. Ah -- don't think twice, here you go!

"Snooki wants smoosh smoosh", I would like to make it an open virtual wireless which redirects to the specific clip on southparkstudios.com but can't really find an option on TomatoUSB to block the person from visiting other websites ... .

my next one will have applebee's (private LAN) and chilis will be the guest LAN LOL.... bwhahaha!

And are you posting your real name on public forum? If so then its not a big deal no. That is clearly not something everyone is all that open to doing, I find it hard to believe that "Ambroos" is your given name? ;) I sure don't see your full name in your profile.. Belgium is a fairly large place, bit bigger than chicagoland

Ambroos is my real first name. Just googling my first name (on google.com/ncr, I suppose that's "generic") gives my personal Twitter and LinkedIn on the very first page.

So okay, you can't find my address that easily, but still. I don't really see what the issue is with people knowing your address.

Mine's dragons atm

It used to be Dragons but I changed it when I changed aps as the current AP's don't like the fact my radius server is remotely hosted (they timeout to quickly) and I still had the profile set for the old ssid.