Win8 + Skydrive = Issues

Question

Am having an issue with the Skydrive app. Am dling some files from my Skydrive and there are only 15 files in the folder, but for some reason Skydrive/Win8 has decided to dl each file 4x. Is there a fix for this or what should I do?

9 answers to this question

Sadly I don't know any solution to your problem but thanks for making me aware of this. I'll hold with installing it on my Windows 8 PC for now.

Best of luck with the issue.

That sounds really odd, and is definitely not a common issue. I've been running skydrive on about 6 different computers with Windows 8 without that issue. Try unlinking your computer from Skydrive, deleting the skydrive folder from your computer, and relinking skydrive.

There isn't a Skydrive folder. I am using the Skydrive app that Win8 came with. I didn't install it like I did with Win7.

If you are using the Metro Skydrive app, then you aren't downloading any files. Check skydrive.com and make sure the files aren't duplicated there. The Metro Skydrive app is just an easy way to view the files in the cloud. The Skydrive app for Windows is what does the actual downloading.

The Metro app gives you the option to dl and then choose where to dl it to. They are not dupilcated there.

Have you tried to reinstall the app. I just tested the download function and it didn't duplicate any files.

Nah, it's a hit or miss. I dl'd a few other files and those were fine. No dupes. I just dl'd another right now and I got 2 dupes. I'm not going to sweat it. I don't want to take the chance of it not working at all. Maybe it will be fixed at some point when the updates start rolling in. If not, I will post about it in the MSDN forums.

That sounds really odd, and is definitely not a common issue. I've been running skydrive on about 6 different computers with Windows 8 without that issue. Try unlinking your computer from Skydrive, deleting the skydrive folder from your computer, and relinking skydrive.

Hello. I hope you see this message. As a somewhat expirienced user of SkyDrive maybe you could help me, please? I am irritated by the following: when I move a file inside synced folder to any subfolder, it gets dublicated online. I mean, at 'skydrive.live.com" remains a file of it's previous location and a copy in his new subfolder location. Am I doing something wrong?