win8

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16 OP NoLiMiT06

NoLiMiT06

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: htc EVO 3D: CM9 Devil Toast

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:53

Here's all the Audio related drivers from my CQ60, extract and use Device Manager to install manually

http://localhostr.co...%2002-30-16.zip

You have installed the Chipset drivers right ? (Compatibility mode for 7)

Thanks, creating a windows 7 backup now and going to try it again.

#17 Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:57

Bah with compatibility mode when there are now actual drivers for Win8.

#18 OP NoLiMiT06

NoLiMiT06

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:59

Well no luck with anything... I tried both of the drivers you guys posted and the one you posted Lo Tec did not work, it says the Windows drivers are the most recent and it wont allow me to install them.

#19 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:42

Well no luck with anything... I tried both of the drivers you guys posted and the one you posted Lo Tec did not work, it says the Windows drivers are the most recent and it wont allow me to install them.

Very weird, if you haven't already got it setup the way you want I would try reinstalling 8 from scratch, I find it unlikely that everything would work in the pre-release versions, and everything works on my CQ60, but not in RTM for yours, audio driver seems the same although your chipset is Intel vs nVidia for mine

Are you running the latest BIOS ?

#20 OP NoLiMiT06

NoLiMiT06

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 August 2012 - 16:08

Very weird, if you haven't already got it setup the way you want I would try reinstalling 8 from scratch, I find it unlikely that everything would work in the pre-release versions, and everything works on my CQ60, but not in RTM for yours, audio driver seems the same although your chipset is Intel vs nVidia for mine

Are you running the latest BIOS ?

Yup everything is updated to the latest. I am going to hold out and see if the retail version fixes the problem via updates, if it doesn't I may be getting a new laptop with my left over pell grant :p

#21 OP NoLiMiT06

NoLiMiT06

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 October 2012 - 15:44

Well I just installed the retail version and installed the updated driver via Windows Update and it is still borked... How can this be? This is a very common audio device and I don't understand why it does not work. Has anyone else had this problem? Kind of ****ed I paid for Windows and now I can't really use it because there is no sound...

#22 Farchord

Farchord

Life is but a sum of your achievements

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 30 October 2012 - 15:48

NoLimit, go in Services and make sure the Windows Audio service is running and set to Automatic.

Then, go in the volume controls and make sure its not muted. I know, it's stupid -- but you never know.

Then, go in your Audio devices (Right-click on the speaker in your tray) and click on Playback devices

Make sure the right playback device is set as default. It sometimes moves around.

#23 OP NoLiMiT06

NoLiMiT06

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 October 2012 - 19:02

NoLimit, go in Services and make sure the Windows Audio service is running and set to Automatic.

Then, go in the volume controls and make sure its not muted. I know, it's stupid -- but you never know.

Then, go in your Audio devices (Right-click on the speaker in your tray) and click on Playback devices

Make sure the right playback device is set as default. It sometimes moves around.

Still no luck... I really don't know what to do. :angry:

#24 skilithead

skilithead

Neowinian

Posted 30 October 2012 - 19:14

Is there a key on your laptop that turns the sound on-off ? Worth a shot .

#25 OP NoLiMiT06

NoLiMiT06

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 October 2012 - 19:51

Is there a key on your laptop that turns the sound on-off ? Worth a shot .

Nope, I have muted,unmuted, uninstalled and reinstalled and no luck. Everything shows as working, no red x's or anything. Makes not a damn bit of sense....

#26 Obi-Wan Kenobi

Obi-Wan Kenobi

"You were the chosen one!"

Posted 30 October 2012 - 20:04

Maybe you will not good enough to Microsoft to deserve sound ;)

Ummm...what?

#27 skilithead

skilithead

Neowinian

Posted 30 October 2012 - 20:07

Bug has been reported to Microsoft , just for grins try this , turn your machine on , after a bit put it to sleep ,not off , sleep . Wait a few minutes - 10 or so , then wake it up and see if you have sound . Seems that sleep , or hibernate helps some folks .

Edited by skilithead, 30 October 2012 - 20:24.

#28 OP NoLiMiT06

NoLiMiT06

Neowinian Senior

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:14

Bug has been reported to Microsoft , just for grins try this , turn your machine on , after a bit put it to sleep ,not off , sleep . Wait a few minutes - 10 or so , then wake it up and see if you have sound . Seems that sleep , or hibernate helps some folks .

Tried that as well and no luck.

#29 skilithead

skilithead

Neowinian

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:34

Have you by any chance updated the bios since you acquired your laptop ? I see where there was one released ,2011-01-10 , Version:F.65 . May be worth a try .

#30 AngelGraves13

AngelGraves13

Neowinian

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:49

Sound driver support is the only problem right now in Windows 8.

Luckily, Creative released official drivers for the X-Fi Titanium HD that work correctly. All the other cards from Creative seem to be in beta support.