Man Kills Friend with Punch to Face

OCALA, FL ?- A man faces manslaughter charges after his longtime friend died from what authorities described as a fatal punch.

The Marion County Sheriff's Office said Matthew Gunter, 19, punched Travis Henshaw, 23, in the face Wednesday evening during an altercation over a girlfriend.

WFTV learned that Henshaw hit his head on the side of a door and on a concrete floor.

He died on Thursday at Shands at the University of Florida in Gainesville.

During an interview with the Ocala Star Banner, Gunter said he acted out of anger and didn't intend to hurt his friend.

Gunter fled after the incident, but deputies caught up with him, and he admitted to hitting Henshaw, deputies said.

He remained in the Marion County Jail early Friday.

source

Yes, depending on how the punch was delivered and where, you can kill a person with a single punch

WFTV learned that Henshaw hit his head on the side of a door and on a concrete floor.

Also helps.

Fighting over a girlfriend -- what a stupid reason. :ermm:

Happens every day. Just unfortunate that it led to a death.

Bros before hoes should be universal law. Stupidity at its best, poor dead guy.

It's sad that a death occurred but I can't look on the guy too harshly this crap happens over women all the time.

I actually feel sorry for the guy, he's lost his friend and only has himself to blame. He has to live with that for the rest of his life. Any jail-time etc is going to be small in comparison to what he'll feel inside.

Love of a woman is a powerful thing, and many men will do crazy things for it.

• Like 2

Well if your gonna do it, do it right.

This is the problem, he hit him, fine, but then the guy later died, not the fault of the person who punched him, the other guy should of been a strong person, doh!

You win some you lose some

Well if your gonna do it, do it right.

This is the problem, he hit him, fine, but then the guy later died, not the fault of the person who punched him, the other guy should of been a strong person, doh!

You win some you lose some

It doesn't work like that. I've seen people who work out in the Gym 5 times a week drop dead during a light jog. If you get punched in the stomach when you're not prepared for it, it can cause serious internal damage. My old Commanding Office was a fitness fanatic, he died out on a run of a heart attack, the thing that made me laugh was his email signature was "A little exercise never killed anybody".

Precisely that, not all fights are fair. You can be the fittest person in the world but if someone gets you when you're unprepared you're still in trouble.

He'll probably get a jail term, but I can't imagine it'd be a long one. It'll be involuntary manslaughter at best, which is what it sounds like.

Is it love, or just a jealous rage over your 'property' ? :ermm:

Although it depends on the circumstances, if some guy insults my girl, or she cheats on me with him, the dude's gonna pay with a fist to the face. That's not rage over my 'property', it's insulting my honour, and they'd better be ready for the consequences.

You my friend, need to pay a visit to a pub in Delhi/Gurgaon to watch a number of haryanvi punks getting beaten up over women.

You my friend, need to pay a visit to a pub in Delhi/Gurgaon to watch a number of haryanvi punks getting beaten up over women.

I never denied that. I have experienced same things, and lost some good friends because of this. Friends who fight over women are stupid in my book.

I never denied that. I have experienced same things, and lost some good friends because of this. Friends who fight over women are stupid in my book.

sad to say, but eventually you (and anyone else saying they wouldn't fight for a girl) will meet a girl too that your brain will tell you to fight for (fight in a good or bad way)... its uncontrollable, damn hormones....