Barclays Premier League Season 2012/2013

103 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will win the title this season?

• Arsenal
    • Aston Villa
    • Chelsea
    • Everton
    • Fulham
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Manchester United
    • Newcastle United
    • Norwich City
    • Queens Park Rangers
    • Reading
    • Southampton
    • Stoke City
    • Sunderland
    • Swansea City
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • West Bromwich Albion
    • West Ham United
    • Wigan Athletic
  2. 2. Which teams will be relegated this season?

• Arsenal
    • Aston Villa
    • Chelsea
    • Everton
    • Fulham
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Manchester United
    • Newcastle United
    • Norwich City
    • Queens Park Rangers
    • Reading
    • Southampton
    • Stoke City
    • Sunderland
    • Swansea City
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • West Bromwich Albion
    • West Ham United
    • Wigan Athletic

500px-Premier_League.svg.png

From Wikipedia:

The Premier League is an English professional league for association football clubs. At the top of the English football league system, it is the country's primary football competition. Contested by 20 clubs, it operates on a system of promotion and relegation with the Football League. The Premier League is a corporation in which the 20 member clubs act as shareholders. Seasons run from August to May, with teams playing 38 matches each, totalling 380 matches in the season. Most games are played on Saturdays and Sundays, with a few games played during weekday evenings. It is currently sponsored by Barclays Bank and therefore officially known as the Barclays Premier League. Outside England it is commonly referred to as the English Premier League (EPL).

Last season the title went to Manchester City.

Promoted to the Premier League this season: Reading, Southampton and West Ham United, replacing the relegated Bolton Wanderers, Blackburn Rovers and Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Who's the title favourite this year? Who will be relegated? Discuss in this thread.

Man Utd to win.

Norwich, West Ham & Reading to go down.

Very exciting first day of the season, looking forward to MOTD tonight!

:(

surprised Liverpool lost today, maybe its going to be more of the same?

:(

surprised Liverpool lost today, maybe its going to be more of the same?

A very poor start to the season for them, can see them struggling this year.

Arsenal also didn't show much promise.

Speaking of Arsenal:

Arsenal and Barcelona have agreed a ?19million fee for Alex Song, who will join the La Liga side on Monday.

The midfielder becomes the latest star to leave the north London club following Robin Van Persie's ?24million move to Manchester United on Friday.

Song, 24, was left out of Arsenal's 0-0 draw with Sunderland at the Emirates and is expected to fly to Spain on Sunday ahead of the five-year switch.

A statment on the Catalan club's website said: "FC Barcelona has agreed a deal with Arsenal FC for the transfer of Alex Song to the Camp Nou. The fee is 19 million euros.

"The Cameroon international midfielder will sign for the next five seasons with a release clause of 80 million euros.

"On Monday he?ll have a medical and then join the rest of the squad for the official team presentation at the Gamper."

Manchester United should win it this season if they don't make silly mistakes again like the draw against Everton last season after going up 4-something. The squad is strengthened and we have our top players back, hoping Fletcher will be back soon. Reading, Southampton and Sunderland to go down but I hoped it would be Manchester City instead :(

Speaking of Arsenal:

Arsenal and Barcelona have agreed a ?19million fee for Alex Song, who will join the La Liga side on Monday.

The midfielder becomes the latest star to leave the north London club following Robin Van Persie's ?24million move to Manchester United on Friday.

Song, 24, was left out of Arsenal's 0-0 draw with Sunderland at the Emirates and is expected to fly to Spain on Sunday ahead of the five-year switch.

A statment on the Catalan club's website said: "FC Barcelona has agreed a deal with Arsenal FC for the transfer of Alex Song to the Camp Nou. The fee is 19 million euros.

"The Cameroon international midfielder will sign for the next five seasons with a release clause of 80 million euros.

"On Monday he?ll have a medical and then join the rest of the squad for the official team presentation at the Gamper."

Add Walcott to be gone in this transfer window also.

He is a 15,000,000+ transfer.

Still Wenger has not put out the strongest side.

Giroud missed a sitter.

Transfer window should close end of July, it's a pain in the backside.

Yeah I thought we played well. City are the best side we've faced and to get two goals against them will be a massive confidence boost. I would have won ?330 if they won though! :pinch:

It was still a confident display from Saints, only good things to come I hope. ;)

Be very interesting to see how RVP performs on his debut tonight.

Pained me to vote Man U, but I did. Also, QPR, Reading, Swansea relegated.

Exciting to see Hazard & Oscar for the Blues perform well and looks like Torres is playing much more fluid without Didier. Don't think Chelsea can win League but should be fun season regardless!

Chelsea had a good start me thinks, especially Hazard, Oscar and Torres.

But seriously, who voted for us to be relegated, is there an angry fan somewhere? :p

West Ham need to gather points before we face the likes of Liverpool and Arsenal!

I find it odd why you are not supporting your local team.

Brighton & Hove Albion!

I find it odd why you are not supporting your local team.

Brighton & Hove Albion!

never seen them play, seen West Ham loads of times plus my dad was a life long West Ham fan and its kind of a family thing!