IE10 won't be available for Windows 7

Note Internet Explorer 10 is included in Windows 8. It is not available for Windows 7 or earlier versions.

it just said its not available it doesnt so it wont be available, there is a big difference there

It doesn't say anywhere that it won't be available on 7, that link is announcing the availability for IE10 on Windows 8.

It was officially stated that Windows 7 would get IE10, if it doesn't, you'll hear something official, not a random KB article on the corner of the Internet.

It doesn't say anywhere that it won't be available on 7, that link is announcing the availability for IE10 on Windows 8.

It was officially stated that Windows 7 would get IE10, if it doesn't, you'll hear something official, not a random KB article on the corner of the Internet.

Hardy a random KB on the corner of the internet, this is a Microsoft KB article and it states "Note Internet Explorer 10 is included in Windows 8. It is not available for Windows 7 or earlier versions."

Now I suspect this is just a typo and it should have said not available for 7 yet but as we know it's not coming to XP this sentence does suggest never.

I really wish people took some more time to read things through before hitting the "post" button.

I am not sure why you think a Microsoft KB article dated 16th August 2012 which states that IE10 isn't coming to Win 7 isn't newsworthy. Yes it's probably an error but the OP was correct to flag it up.

I am not sure why you think a Microsoft KB article dated 16th August 2012 which states that IE10 isn't coming to Win 7 isn't newsworthy. Yes it's probably an error but the OP was correct to flag it up.

Because it doesn't say that.

First time I triggered a Neowin article. :)

Sorry if the topic is misleading. Just wanted to forward the kb article.

Also for you: Read before hitting "post". The OP claims that Internet Explorer 10 won't be released for Windows 7 based on Microsoft's KB article, while in fact said article says no such thing.

Because it doesn't say that.

"Internet Explorer 10 is included in Windows 8. It is not available for Windows 7 or earlier versions"

Then please explain what the above does mean.

"Internet Explorer 10 is included in Windows 8. It is not available for Windows 7 or earlier versions"

Right now Internet Explorer 10 isn't available for Windows 7. Nowhere does the the article state it won't be released at all.

At the time the KB article was written, the only release version of IE10 is for Windows 8. That's what it means. They don't say "It WON'T", rather "right now it's only available for Windows 8".

Once again, take the time to read before hitting that "post" button. The OP claims that Internet Explorer 10 won't be released for Windows 7 based on Microsoft's KB article, while in fact said article states no such thing. Nowhere did I say that the article in itself isn't newsworthy.

No, your interpretation of the article. Others may choose to interpret it differently as I did with your reply which I took to mean you thought it not worthy of a thread.

There is a doctrine that your last statement on a matter is your current position, this article says IE10 is not available for Windows 7 and nowhere does it say or even suggest that this is likely to change.

Now, again, this is most likely an error but worthy of a thread - yes it is.

No, your interpretation of the article. Others may choose to interpret it differently as I did with your reply which I took to mean you thought it not worthy of a thread.

There is a doctrine that your last statement on a matter is your current position, this article says IE10 is not available for Windows 7 and nowhere does it say or even suggest that this is likely to change.

Now, again, this is most likely an error but worthy of a thread - yes it is.

There is no confirmation one way or the other, as such the OP claiming he found out Internet Explorer 10 won't be available for Windows 7 is incorrect.

I was about to respond to this, but I see others are saying the same thing as I would. I will leave everyone with this thought: "If IE10 wasn't going to be for Win7 then why would there be this."

There is no confirmation one way or the other, as such the OP claiming he found out Internet Explorer 10 won't be available for Windows 7 is incorrect.

Again your opinion, and odd though you may find it, one I agree with but you don't know for a fact that IE10 is still coming to Win 7 any more than I or the OP does so to claim otherwise is simply a guess.

The OP posed a question in his post, I understood the ? in his post to be a question but because he only had a few posts people ripped into him, not sure why but it appeared rude.

As Firefox and Chrome giving a tough time for IE to retain its users, IE10 should be made available for win 7.

Seems the KB article is now updated to say: Internet Explorer 10 is included in Windows 8. It is not yet available for Windows 7.

True. From the KB article:

Internet Explorer 10 is available for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012, and is expected to be released for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.

edit: formatting