IE10 won't be available for Windows 7

ie

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 Zkal

Zkal

Neowinian

Posted 19 August 2012 - 14:34

"Internet Explorer 10 is included in Windows 8. It is not available for Windows 7 or earlier versions"

Then please explain what the above does mean.

At the time the KB article was written, the only release version of IE10 is for Windows 8. That's what it means. They don't say "It WON'T", rather "right now it's only available for Windows 8".

#17 Depicus

Depicus

depicus.com

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 19 August 2012 - 14:37

Once again, take the time to read before hitting that "post" button. The OP claims that Internet Explorer 10 won't be released for Windows 7 based on Microsoft's KB article, while in fact said article states no such thing. Nowhere did I say that the article in itself isn't newsworthy.

No, your interpretation of the article. Others may choose to interpret it differently as I did with your reply which I took to mean you thought it not worthy of a thread.

There is a doctrine that your last statement on a matter is your current position, this article says IE10 is not available for Windows 7 and nowhere does it say or even suggest that this is likely to change.

Now, again, this is most likely an error but worthy of a thread - yes it is.

#18 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

• Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 19 August 2012 - 15:49

No, your interpretation of the article. Others may choose to interpret it differently as I did with your reply which I took to mean you thought it not worthy of a thread.

There is a doctrine that your last statement on a matter is your current position, this article says IE10 is not available for Windows 7 and nowhere does it say or even suggest that this is likely to change.

Now, again, this is most likely an error but worthy of a thread - yes it is.

There is no confirmation one way or the other, as such the OP claiming he found out Internet Explorer 10 won't be available for Windows 7 is incorrect.

#19 Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 August 2012 - 15:54

I was about to respond to this, but I see others are saying the same thing as I would. I will leave everyone with this thought: "If IE10 wasn't going to be for Win7 then why would there be this."

#20 Depicus

Depicus

depicus.com

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 19 August 2012 - 16:52

There is no confirmation one way or the other, as such the OP claiming he found out Internet Explorer 10 won't be available for Windows 7 is incorrect.

Again your opinion, and odd though you may find it, one I agree with but you don't know for a fact that IE10 is still coming to Win 7 any more than I or the OP does so to claim otherwise is simply a guess.

The OP posed a question in his post, I understood the ? in his post to be a question but because he only had a few posts people ripped into him, not sure why but it appeared rude.

#21 koolguy

koolguy

Neowinian

• Phone: Basic Samsung Mobile

Posted 19 August 2012 - 17:40

As Firefox and Chrome giving a tough time for IE to retain its users, IE10 should be made available for win 7.

#22 Obi-Wan Kenobi

Obi-Wan Kenobi

"You were the chosen one!"

Posted 19 August 2012 - 17:45

FUD. Plain and simple.

#23 felix_jiang

felix_jiang

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:52

Seems the KB article is now updated to say: Internet Explorer 10 is included in Windows 8. It is not yet available for Windows 7.

#24 alxtsg

alxtsg

Neowinian

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:10

Seems the KB article is now updated to say: Internet Explorer 10 is included in Windows 8. It is not yet available for Windows 7.

True. From the KB article:

Internet Explorer 10 is available for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012, and is expected to be released for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.

edit: formatting

#25 regenerati0n

regenerati0n

Neowinian

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:19

"Note Internet Explorer 10 is included in Windows 8. It is not yet available for Windows 7."

#26 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 22 August 2012 - 00:13

If IE10 isn't available for Windows 7, I'm going to throw one more fit, not that it will do any good.