Messages App keeps freezing when sending a message [Resolved]

I've been having this problem where when I send a message to anyone the app freezes for about 5-6 seconds and shows the beach ball icon instead of my cursor.

I've tried deleting all my conversations in the application and it didn't make any difference. I've googled around and unfortunately the query "messages" or "message" is just too generic and all the results are useless for this search query.

Anyone else had this and been able to fix it?

I've not seen this issue, but if I do, I'll start troubleshooting. Any idea where it stores it's caches/preferences etc? I'm guessing as part of iCloud's pref data.

My bro has win8 but he hasn't had this problem yet, works smoothly for him.

I'll update if anything comes up. :]

iCloud not available for Win8 ;)

My bro has win8 but he hasn't had this problem yet, works smoothly for him.

I'll update if anything comes up. :]

:rofl: This is a Mountain Lion thing. But I'm sure Apple will be quick to sue now you've set a precedent for being confused about which product belongs to which company! :D

Ok I fixed the problem by using AppZapper to find all its preference files and then deleting them. There was like 8 files! - After I did that and rebooted the problem went away :)

Ok I fixed the problem by using AppZapper to find all its preference files and then deleting them. There was like 8 files! - After I did that and rebooted the problem went away :)

Nice troubleshooting, knew it'd be a pref file!