Win8 Music app

I wanted to try and use it, instead of FB2k. Most of my library of music is in flack. So it doesn't even see them. Also, I can't even figure out how to actually get it play all my mp3s. I can select some of them, but not all. I also can't even figure out how to get it to shuffle the tracks.

Is there a tut on how to use it some place? Or maybe someone can walk me through it?

The music app I find is pretty lame. I'm hoping that someone creates an app with more power to it for Windows 8. I have the libraries setup in Windows 8 to point to where my music is located. In fact it works just fine through my network. So in explorer if you find the folder for your music and right click on it, add it to the correct library and it should show up in the music app just fine.

It still won't play flac though, it's file support is minimal and no idea if you can expand it.

Shuffling tracks is done a couple of ways. You can click Shuffle all when on the main screen for the music app (located to the left when it first opens, where your music shows up). Or you can right click and should have the shuffle option there.

Doing it from memory as I don't have my Windows 8 present right now. But right click will help you discover many options in Windows 8. Just the basic music, photo and video apps included with Windows 8 are not as useful as Windows Media Player (which is included and you can use that instead just not as a Metro app)

Windows Key + I might have additional settings when it's open. I know that it's used on other MS apps in the Start Screen.

Every or at least most Windows RT/Modern UI apps will have settings options in the new global settings pane, it's not just for OS settings. So if you're in any modern/metro app and want to mess with it's settings other than what you see on the app bar don't forget to bring up the charms and go to settings or do Winkey+I as a shortcut.

As for the Xbox Music app, that and the Xbox Video app are both lacking at this point, I expect them to bring updates to both apps over time but we'll just have to wait and see. I also expect a number of other media players we've used on the desktop side find their way over to modern as well. I remember that VLC is coming for example, so others that are more for music should be on the way.