texas hot bench

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,713 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 13:27

DALLAS, TX - A Texas woman is suing the Dallas Cowboys and owner Jerry Jones, saying her buttocks was severely burned when she sat on a bench outside Cowboys Stadium.

In a lawsuit filed last week in Tarrant Count, Jennelle Carrillo said the black marble bench was in direct sunlight on a hot August afternoon before a Cowboys scrimmage last year. A weather official says the high temperature on that day was 101 degrees.

Carrillo's lawyer, Michael Wash, said his client didn't know the extent of the burns until after receiving medical attention. The lawsuit claims she was hospitalized and underwent skin grafts.

The lawsuit claims there were no warnings about sitting on the benches in hot weather. :huh:

source

#2 azspeedbullet

azspeedbullet

Neowinian

• 256 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 13:29

The lawsuit claims there were no warnings about sitting on the benches in hot weather. :huh:

Dumbass, this is another stupid lawsuit like the hot coffee at mcdonalds

#3 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

• 4,789 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 13:32

Dumbass, this is another stupid lawsuit like the hot coffee at mcdonalds

You should probably do some research before making an ignorant comment like this. The Mcdonalds lawsuit involved 3rd degree burns. The coffee was being served at a tempurature that if you were to drink it, it would cause your throat to swell and kill you from suffication. This is a tempurature that Mcdonalds had no business serving it at.

#4 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,713 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 14:37

"I need a warning sign for everything, cuz I can't think for myself" :rolleyes:

#5 moloko

moloko

Neowinian Senior

• 2,702 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 15:35

I hope this gets tossed out.

#6 javagreen

javagreen

Neowinian

• 1,439 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 15:40

This is so unbelievably stupid - my mind numbed. She needed a warning sign for this? Seriously?

Is she a real person, I mean people this stupid and incompetent really exist?

#7 mps69

mps69

Neowinian

• 823 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 15:46

Who would have thought sitting on a bench, which had been in the sun all day would have been so hot.
Obviously person, never gotten into a car after being left in the sun, with either leather or vinyl seats, or maybe left her sun glasses on the dash, and just grabbed them stuck them on her face. :omg:

#8 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,713 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 15:47

Makes you wonder just how short her shorts were. :shifty:

#9 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 17,578 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 17:29

Complainant: "But Judge, how was I supposed to know a black bench sitting out in the Texas sun would be hot?"

Judge: SLAP!!

Posted Image

#10 Ryoken

Ryoken

The Other Other White Meat

• 2,462 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4S, Nexus 7, iPad Mini

Posted 20 August 2012 - 17:34

You should probably do some research before making an ignorant comment like this. The Mcdonalds lawsuit involved 3rd degree burns. The coffee was being served at a tempurature that if you were to drink it, it would cause your throat to swell and kill you from suffication. This is a tempurature that Mcdonalds had no business serving it at.

Coffee is made with Boiling Hot water.. If you get it fresh, you SHOULD get burned.

You Buy a coffee.. then you let it sit for 10min or so.. then you drink.. it's the natural progression.

#11 ScorpioRGc1

ScorpioRGc1

Neowinian Senior

• 1,619 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 17:38

Complainant: "But Judge, how was I supposed to know a black bench sitting out in the Texas sun would be hot?"

Judge: SLAP!!

Posted Image

This is the only proper response to this lawsuit.

#12 MDboyz

MDboyz

Neowinian

• 1,286 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 17:43

So if I walk by a car under 110F, and get burnt from touching it, could I sue the owner for not putting the warning sign?

Lolz ...

This case should be thrown out, and this woman shouldn't be allowed to re-produce.

#13 Anibal P

Anibal P

Neowinian

• 4,263 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 20 August 2012 - 17:45

Coffee is made with Boiling Hot water.. If you get it fresh, you SHOULD get burned.

You Buy a coffee.. then you let it sit for 10min or so.. then you drink.. it's the natural progression.

Common sense is not that common anymore

#14 vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

• 16,794 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 17:48

I burned my feet on the black asphalt on a state road in pennsylvania while walking barefoot in 110 degree weather, should I sue PennDOT? uhh no

#15 Michael N Tammy Witt

Michael N Tammy Witt

Neowinian

• 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 17:48

Hmmmm, a marble bench, 101 degrees, direct sunlight. WHY would anyone expect it to be hot?

How long did she sit there before she realized that something was getting hot, and why didn't she get up when she realized it?