Woman sues Dallas Cowboys over burned butt

You should probably also do some research and look for stupid on the internet and see what it tells you! Put boiling hot coffee between your legs, squeeze you thighs shut and I guarantee you, you will get third degree burns!

Again, look up the lawsuit, that isnt what happened. The coffee the woman was given didnt have a lid on it in a drive through. There is a certain level of safety that all products must follow in the USA. Get use to it. You want the ability to complain when ATT screws us over for not telling us about X or changing Y but then you say Mcdonalds shouldn't be forced to put a lid on something so hot it sends you to the hospital.

And yet hundreds of millions of people drank McDonald's coffee before the lawsuit and never got burnt.

Interesting.. prove it. Where are you getting your statistics from it? Just because nobody sued doesn't mean nobody was hurt. Products hurt me all the time but I don't sue for it. Consumer laws are changing drasticly in this country. Consumers are allowed to sue for anythign that isn't warned about. That's the law. Get use to it.

The coffee was being served at a tempurature that if you were to drink it, it would cause your throat to swell and kill you from suffication. This is a tempurature that Mcdonalds had no business serving it at.

I was under the impression that the boiling temperature of water was the same everywhere in the world. Maybes its not where you live ;)

I really do support the notion of removing ALL safety notices and letting nature take its course.

You have my vote. In some things we should just let evolution take its course.

i cut myself with a kitchen knife before, i should go look at who made them and start a lawsuit. No where on the packaging did I see a "knives can cut you" warning.

In the United States, yes. Congress made laws that require business's to label any dangers any product has that are considered reasonable. Failure to do so means the company is ignoring United States law and should be fined until it is fixed.

DALLAS, TX - A Texas woman is suing the Dallas Cowboys and owner Jerry Jones, saying her buttocks was severely burned when she sat on a bench outside Cowboys Stadium.

In a lawsuit filed last week in Tarrant Count, Jennelle Carrillo said the black marble bench was in direct sunlight on a hot August afternoon before a Cowboys scrimmage last year. A weather official says the high temperature on that day was 101 degrees.

Carrillo's lawyer, Michael Wash, said his client didn't know the extent of the burns until after receiving medical attention. The lawsuit claims she was hospitalized and underwent skin grafts.

The lawsuit claims there were no warnings about sitting on the benches in hot weather. :huh:

source

When you read stupid warnings on products (like these http://www.rinkworks.com/said/warnings.shtml) you think "Why on earth did they put these??"

The answer is to avoid being sued by dumbasses like this :|

When you read stupid warnings on products (like these http://www.rinkworks.../warnings.shtml) you think "Why on earth did they put these??"

The answer is to avoid being sued by dumbasses like this :|

I didn't read through the whole list to see if my favorite one of all time was there. I was cooking a frozen pizza once and was reading the directions for how long to cook it. Under the directions it read: "Remove pizza from box and plastic wrapping before cooking".

I lawl'd. Because, the only thing I could think at that moment was that they put this on there because somebody somewhere has actually tried to cook this thing while it was still in the box. What's in the box?!

She should be sued for being so damn stupid. If i see a black granite bench in Dallas TX in August i'm going to think twice about sitting on it. I'm not going to say oh! look! a nice cool place to sit! :rolleyes:

^ Yeah, I'd damn sure would have brought a pillow to sit on, no matter what the temp -- and on a hot sunny day, an umbrella too. :p

And it happened back in 2010 and now she's just now bringing it up. The Dallas Cowboys will give her some money though, they'll give her some money just to shut her up.