Touchpad devices for windows 8 desktop

i bought a logitech touchpad thingy to use with my desktop and windows 8 last year.

logitech-touchpad-1.jpg

the only issue is that this doesn't support the windows gestures. it sort of works, but the whole idea is flawed and logitech appear to have forgotten they made the thing. Support is non-existent and i've been left with a device that completely fails to work correctly. I can't seem to find any mention of anyone else creating one of these, which seems like a logical step for desktop users using MUI. Does anyone know of a similar device to the touchpad?

I have the same device and it works OK. I doubt it was made with W8 in mind and I wish they would update it. I'm sure more companies will be coming out with multitouch pads soon,

If you bought it last year, then it wasn't made for Windows 8, sorry. Maybe they'll update the drivers to support it, maybe not. But give GA a few months, and I'm sure you'll see new devices.

I almost bought one of these to use as well as the Microsoft Touch Mouse. Glad I held off as the Microsoft Touch Mouse is being updated for Windows 8 but still think a mouse + keyboard + gesture touchpad would be a winning combination for Windows 8.

I almost bought one of these to use as well as the Microsoft Touch Mouse. Glad I held off as the Microsoft Touch Mouse is being updated for Windows 8 but still think a mouse + keyboard + gesture touchpad would be a winning combination for Windows 8.

True - a gesture touchpad *and* a mouse would make a nice combo for a desktop running 8.

Meanwhile, I have the keyboard/mouse combo going (I may yet replace my V220 with the Explorer Touch Mouse, seeing as MicroCenter has them on sale currently).

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0366932