19 posts in this topic

The Office is to end after its upcoming ninth season, it has been announced.

Showrunner Greg Daniels confirmed that he is planning an "exciting" end to the NBC comedy.

"This year feels like the last chance to... make an artistic ending for the show," he told reporters. "This will be the last season of The Office, and we're planning a big exciting last season.

"All questions will be answered this year. We're going to see who's behind the documentary."

Talking about what fans can expect in the ninth season, he said: "We will be doing more [character] arcs, and more drama in the Jim and Pam storyline.

"We are planning some big surprises. I'm guessing the show will feel more like Dunder-Mifflin from before the Sabre merger [when former showrunner Paul Lieberstein took over]."

He added: "Considering we are still NBC's highest-rated scripted show, with a cast of 17 all-stars, any decision about a series finale will be made for creative reasons only."

A Dwight (Rainn Wilson)-based spinoff series The Farm is also currently in the works.

Jake Lacy recently joined the cast of The Office as a series regular for its ninth season.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s155/the-office/news/a400928/the-office-to-end-after-season-nine-says-writer-greg-daniels.html

Should have ended after Season 7.

2 people like this

I'm inclined to agree, but the show is still worth watching for Erin. ;)

Yeah, I think it's time for this show to end. Probably should've stopped when Steve Carell left, as I don't think I've had as many laughs since he left.

Funny thing is, I didn't like Steve Carell until he grew on me with the show. :p

Erin is one of my favorites too!

End it or get new writers.

Never liked the U.S version, the U.K version was way better.

Show went downhill after Steve Carell left the show.

Never liked the U.S version, the U.K version was way better.

Never like the UK version!

2 people like this

Why does everyone care? Just don't watch it. Plenty of other people like it.

1 person likes this

Should have ended after Season 7.

I agree. It's been all downhill from there.

I will go as far as saying should have ended it after Season 5 or 6 actually. It just really went downhill IMO, and I really, really liked the show at one point.

Yeah, 5 was pretty good. I adore the Michael Scott Paper Company story line. 6 was Sabre, right? That season did get a little bleh.

I liked the first few seasons of the show, but the story and the characters got stale and boring.

We will be doing more [character] arcs, and more drama in the Jim and Pam storyline.

Ok good... Looks like my decision to stop watching the show was the right one.

I'll probably continue to watch the show until the final season, just for the sake of 'completeness'...and there are bound to be some great cameos along way too!

Yeah, it's not been the same for the past couple of seasons. I'd agree that it should have ended at the latest when Steve Carell left but probably a bit earlier than that.

stars-say-farewell-to-the-office.jpg

In two short days, we say farewell to the Scranton branch of Dunder-Mifflin Paper forever, as NBC will air the final episode of the beloved series this Thursday.

As has been going on for roughly a month now, NBC has been posting farewell videos to the program from cast members past and present.

And now the three biggest actors still affiliated with the program have had their say.

In a new video, Jenna Fischer (Pam), Rainn Wilson (new branch manager Dwight) and John Krasinski (Jim) saw their emotional goodbyes. Michael Schur (who played Mose Schrute and co-created Parks and Recreation) and David Denman (who played Pam's ex-boyfriend Roy) also say farewell in the video.

"The honest answer is that 'The Office' is my life," said Fischer, praising Krasinski for helping the dynamic with Pam and Jim become so fantastic and beloved. "I hope I never have to work in this location again. "I hope that in my memory, when I drive down this road, our buildings are here and our set is here."

"One of the most special things about this show was when you would meet fans of the show," Wilson said. "They would tell you about a time of hardship and how the show lifted their spirits."

The Office finale airs Thursday with an extended one hour and 15 minute episode. Are you ready to say goodbye?

http://www.youtu.be/oWTsz8Yit64

Good bye :dontgetit: :no:

This is really depressing news.

1 person likes this

Pretty good ending overall...happy with it!

Yep very well done and almost perfect ending I would say. Not too many shows get to go out like that.