What F2P is everyone playing?

I've finally gotten burned out on WoW/D3 and am looking for something new to play. I know most people will be getting into Guild Wars 2 (myself included) when it's released next week. But I was curious as to what free-to-play MMOs people play here, if any. Any suggestions and feedback will be greatly appreciated!

I kinda like Spiral Knights. Most of the other F2P games I've played seemed to have serious flaws in them.

In my case, it's DCUO. I've gotten my ice-based hero brawler-flier at the L30 cap and am doing the Sub-Avatar quests for the ninth time in a week (and helping other do them mainly for lulz - I hate Brainiac *that much*)

In my case, it's DCUO. I've gotten my ice-based hero brawler-flier at the L30 cap and am doing the Sub-Avatar quests for the ninth time in a week (and helping other do them mainly for lulz - I hate Brainiac *that much*)

I've heard a lot about DCUO, how is it? I've been too afraid to try since I got burned buying Champions Online.

I don't play f2p anymore. Haven't in a very long time. I used to play Runescape and Dragon Court but it has been ages.

I used to play Runescape back in the day. I really can't get into any more tho :/

I used to play Runescape back in the day. I really can't get into any more tho :/

I haven't even tried to get into any f2p anymore. I'm hooked on Bethesda games.

Well, I just started on SWTOR because it's going F2P soon. Seems rather fun, even if it's just a WoW clone. Aion is pretty nice as well, but I've already played the hell out of it. Probably one of the best looking F2P MMOs though, that doesn't constantly bug you with their cash shop like LotRO does.

I've played many F2P MMOs, but there's not a whole lot I can actually recommend off-hand as I'm either burnt out with them, or they're just not that great in the long run... Also, GW2 is around the corner as you said.

I'm in agreement with Lo Tec otherwise though: I've been on a Bethesda game hook lately. Many people including myself are replaying Fallout 3 because of the New Vegas sale they had. Want to finish one before the other. So much fun! :)

Next week? You didn't prepurchase? :|

Unfortunately, No. I believe getting the game for free on the 28th outweighed buying it and getting only 3 extra days of play time.

Well, I just started on SWTOR because it's going F2P soon. Seems rather fun, even if it's just a WoW clone. Aion is pretty nice as well, but I've already played the hell out of it. Probably one of the best looking F2P MMOs though, that doesn't constantly bug you with their cash shop like LotRO does.

I've played many F2P MMOs, but there's not a whole lot I can actually recommend off-hand as I'm either burnt out with them, or they're just not that great in the long run... Also, GW2 is around the corner as you said.

I'm in agreement with Lo Tec otherwise though: I've been on a Bethesda game hook lately. Many people including myself are replaying Fallout 3 because of the New Vegas sale they had. Want to finish one before the other. So much fun! :)

I loved SWTOR in the beginning, I actually pre-ordered it and played since launch. I quit after getting two characters to cap. Running the same Ops and Hut Ball gets old after a while :p Though I may give it another shot once it goes F2P. I've never really tried Aion, I had forgotten it went F2P. I often hear how much of a grindfest it is, would you consider that true? How was the population when you was playing it? As taboo as it might sound, I really can't get into LotRs, I played about an hour of LotRO and it just wasn't what I was looking for.

I liked DCUO ok, too... except for the collision between avatars. It's quite annoying have to jump over other players to talk to a quest NPC.

Realm of the Mad God (awesome 8-bit style MMO Shump...seriously)

Vindictus

Blacklight Retribution

Tribes Ascend

Microvolts

Combat Arms (bots galore in there though)

Dungeon Fighter Online (another 16-bit style mmo brawler)

Lord of the Rings Online

Everquest II

Vanguard (it's now F2P)

All of these except Vanguard are on Steam btw.

There's plenty of others, including many Korean imports like C9, Maestia, Dungeon Nest etc.

At the moment I play World of Tanks if you fancy some history and tank battles and random trash talk about big guns

used to play Bttlefield Heroes bu stopped playing after I got hooked on WOT ...alsoI am on ME3 ... so much fun when you get killed by that damn Banshee ... hate that bi0tch

It's not an MMO, but I quite like Team Fortress 2. I see a huge amount of my friends playing League of Legends all the time (mostly in class). Might be good?

Unfortunately, No. I believe getting the game for free on the 28th outweighed buying it and getting only 3 extra days of play time.

How do you plan to get it for free on the 28th? You know it costs money, right? It's not a F2P game, you have to purchase the game once but there is no subscription fee. Pre-purchasing gives you a 3-day advantage and costs the exact same.

How do you plan to get it for free on the 28th? You know it costs money, right? It's not a F2P game, you have to purchase the game once but there is no subscription fee. Pre-purchasing gives you a 3-day advantage and costs the exact same.

I'm getting it free as a gift from a friend.

League of Legends and TF2, the best thing about LOL is they make all of there money from skins so paying real money doesn't give you any advantage over other players. :D

It's not an MMO, but I quite like Team Fortress 2. I see a huge amount of my friends playing League of Legends all the time (mostly in class). Might be good?

League of Legends and TF2, the best thing about LOL is they make all of there money from skins so paying real money doesn't give you any advantage over other players. :D

I downloaded LoL about two days ago but I'm terrible at it. Most of the tutorials that I Googled/looked up on YouTube was from fairly inexperienced players. Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems the object is to just run back and forth behind your minions in hopes your opponent makes a mistake allowing you to get a kill.

Vindictus is my favorite F2P MMO. It has a live action battle system, where you dodge attacks and chain combos. It is great fun, but end game content is rather lacking. Doesn't have much options amongst dungeons too when u compare to the MMOs one pays for. But all in all, the graphics are stunning and the game is really great. =)

I loved SWTOR in the beginning, I actually pre-ordered it and played since launch. I quit after getting two characters to cap. Running the same Ops and Hut Ball gets old after a while :p Though I may give it another shot once it goes F2P. I've never really tried Aion, I had forgotten it went F2P. I often hear how much of a grindfest it is, would you consider that true? How was the population when you was playing it? As taboo as it might sound, I really can't get into LotRs, I played about an hour of LotRO and it just wasn't what I was looking for.

Aion isn't really a grindfest anymore to be honest, they fixed that a while back. Population is decent as well, and there are a lot less bot spam than when the game first released. It's actually probably better than WoW's bot-spam to be honest. Only thing that's bothersome a bit with Aion is leveling up an alt. Not exactly as much fun re-visiting the zones. That's why I found it hard to get back into when I came back to the game. It's interesting though how the classes can play out though, breaking traditional ideas of who's allowed to tank and such.

And yeah, I'm playing SWTOR mostly for the story. Will probably end up leveling some character to max level and leave it alone. GW2 will be out soon anyway. :p