Photo

What F2P is everyone playing?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#16 zeta_immersion

zeta_immersion

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 August 2012 - 22:30

At the moment I play World of Tanks if you fancy some history and tank battles and random trash talk about big guns

used to play Bttlefield Heroes bu stopped playing after I got hooked on WOT ...alsoI am on ME3 ... so much fun when you get killed by that damn Banshee ... hate that bi0tch

#17 SMELTN

SMELTN

Neowinian Senior

• OS: Windows 7 Ultimate, 2012 Macbook Pro, CR-48 Chromebook from Google
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 21 August 2012 - 22:32

been trying to find a good one myself but with no luck

#18 Ambroos

Ambroos

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 7
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z2

Posted 21 August 2012 - 22:37

It's not an MMO, but I quite like Team Fortress 2. I see a huge amount of my friends playing League of Legends all the time (mostly in class). Might be good?

#19 astropheed

astropheed

astropheed

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 21 August 2012 - 22:49

Unfortunately, No. I believe getting the game for free on the 28th outweighed buying it and getting only 3 extra days of play time.

How do you plan to get it for free on the 28th? You know it costs money, right? It's not a F2P game, you have to purchase the game once but there is no subscription fee. Pre-purchasing gives you a 3-day advantage and costs the exact same.

#20 OP Aeikus

Aeikus

Neowinian

Posted 21 August 2012 - 22:55

How do you plan to get it for free on the 28th? You know it costs money, right? It's not a F2P game, you have to purchase the game once but there is no subscription fee. Pre-purchasing gives you a 3-day advantage and costs the exact same.

I'm getting it free as a gift from a friend.

#21 +Lovell

Lovell

,l,(-.-),l,

Posted 21 August 2012 - 22:58

League of Legends and TF2, the best thing about LOL is they make all of there money from skins so paying real money doesn't give you any advantage over other players. :D

#22 astropheed

astropheed

astropheed

Posted 21 August 2012 - 22:58

I'm getting it free as a gift from a friend.

Nice friend :)

#23 OP Aeikus

Aeikus

Neowinian

Posted 21 August 2012 - 23:25

It's not an MMO, but I quite like Team Fortress 2. I see a huge amount of my friends playing League of Legends all the time (mostly in class). Might be good?

League of Legends and TF2, the best thing about LOL is they make all of there money from skins so paying real money doesn't give you any advantage over other players. :D

I downloaded LoL about two days ago but I'm terrible at it. Most of the tutorials that I Googled/looked up on YouTube was from fairly inexperienced players. Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems the object is to just run back and forth behind your minions in hopes your opponent makes a mistake allowing you to get a kill.

#24 CronicHazel

CronicHazel

Neowinian

Posted 21 August 2012 - 23:30

Vindictus is my favorite F2P MMO. It has a live action battle system, where you dodge attacks and chain combos. It is great fun, but end game content is rather lacking. Doesn't have much options amongst dungeons too when u compare to the MMOs one pays for. But all in all, the graphics are stunning and the game is really great. =)

#25 dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 21 August 2012 - 23:30

Unfortunately, No. I believe getting the game for free on the 28th outweighed buying it and getting only 3 extra days of play time.

I loved SWTOR in the beginning, I actually pre-ordered it and played since launch. I quit after getting two characters to cap. Running the same Ops and Hut Ball gets old after a while :p Though I may give it another shot once it goes F2P. I've never really tried Aion, I had forgotten it went F2P. I often hear how much of a grindfest it is, would you consider that true? How was the population when you was playing it? As taboo as it might sound, I really can't get into LotRs, I played about an hour of LotRO and it just wasn't what I was looking for.

Aion isn't really a grindfest anymore to be honest, they fixed that a while back. Population is decent as well, and there are a lot less bot spam than when the game first released. It's actually probably better than WoW's bot-spam to be honest. Only thing that's bothersome a bit with Aion is leveling up an alt. Not exactly as much fun re-visiting the zones. That's why I found it hard to get back into when I came back to the game. It's interesting though how the classes can play out though, breaking traditional ideas of who's allowed to tank and such.

And yeah, I'm playing SWTOR mostly for the story. Will probably end up leveling some character to max level and leave it alone. GW2 will be out soon anyway. :p

#26 Vvo

Vvo

nom! nom! nom! Hug a fluffy dolphin!

• Phone: Samsung Vibrant (android 4.4.4 KK L-Droid 3.0.1)

Posted 21 August 2012 - 23:32

league of legends or lol for short

#27 Shaun N.

Shaun N.

Perfidious

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:40

While I wait for GW2 I'm playing Dota2 or DayZ

#28 Luc2k

Luc2k

Neowinian

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:55

World of Tanks has been eating a lot of my time for over a year now. I've only invested about 12E, after that I've been financed by the clan(s), tournaments and contests.

#29 Max Norris

Max Norris

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 15
  • Phone: HTC One (Home) Lumia 1020 (Work)

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:27

Aion isn't really a grindfest anymore to be honest, they fixed that a while back. Population is decent as well, and there are a lot less bot spam than when the game first released. It's actually probably better than WoW's bot-spam to be honest. Only thing that's bothersome a bit with Aion is leveling up an alt. Not exactly as much fun re-visiting the zones. That's why I found it hard to get back into when I came back to the game. It's interesting though how the classes can play out though, breaking traditional ideas of who's allowed to tank and such.

Agreed, Aion's definitely not bad for a freebie, still play it off and on, it's a lot better than it used to be and a lot of fun. Just need to keep in mind that it's a PvP oriented game if you're the "carebear" type of player.. first time getting gang raped by a group of enemy sorcerers is an "interesting" experience.

DDO's not too bad either, but that one is a lot more limiting on what you can do as a free player.

#30 dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 22 August 2012 - 16:23

Agreed, Aion's definitely not bad for a freebie, still play it off and on, it's a lot better than it used to be and a lot of fun. Just need to keep in mind that it's a PvP oriented game if you're the "carebear" type of player.. first time getting gang raped by a group of enemy sorcerers is an "interesting" experience.

DDO's not too bad either, but that one is a lot more limiting on what you can do as a free player.

Aion also suffers from 60 hotkey syndrome...

DDO isn't bad either, no doubt. The puzzles in their games are pretty cool too, I thought. They run by Turbine now, as I understand it, and Turbine's cash shop is always in your face, just like in LotRO. :s