Switched to Lumia - Nokia Ad Campaign

I switched to Lumia from Blackberry!

Never in my life did I hate a product I bought myself as much as I hated that BlackBerry Torch 9860. Horrific experience.

I also switched from my personal android and work android to an Lumia 800 :) Couldn't be happier (besides the fact that they haven't signed Tango for us yet :( )

I think I'll rather wait until September (at least that's what Nokia promised us) to update instead of messing around with Cab files, but thanks for the suggestion ;)

What's more interesting is that shouldn't Finland be the first to get signed off for it? :s

I haven't switched to a Lumia but after an iPhone and then an Android device I've switched to Windows Phone on a HTC Mozart and it's awesome. I'd go for a Lumia 800 but they're still a bit expensive to buy off-contract.

On the Windows Phone thing, a friend of mine also bought a Mozart just before me. He's basically never owned a smart phone - just had an old Nokia brick for years but finally decided to take the plunge. He's been really happy with it and says he finds it REALLY intuitive - things he doesn't know how to do are put in the most logical places, and he's getting on with it just fine. High praise indeed. Clearly MS did a LOT of user testing with it :)

I think I'll rather wait until September (at least that's what Nokia promised us) to update instead of messing around with Cab files, but thanks for the suggestion ;)

What's more interesting is that shouldn't Finland be the first to get signed off for it? :s

I installed Tango update before it was out in Finland (which strangely got the update quite late compared to rest of Europe). The September update should be the 7.8, including the new home screen.

Well, as for switching from BB, a lot of people are ditching BB for other devices....not just for Nokia. So no news there. And Motorola has not been doing so well for a while..so no surprise people are ditching Motorola either.

Boring ads as well. Google released during the Olympics concerning the Nexus 7. That was a good ad as it let the device speak for itself and showed the features of the N7.

Where's the one about switching from iPhone? :p

All kidding aside, the lumia is a great phone, and if I didn't have an iPhone it would be my 2nd choice :)

Never in my life did I hate a product I bought myself as much as I hated that BlackBerry Torch 9860. Horrific experience.

The wife had a Torch for a while.. she didn't much care for the thing either, lots of little things kept cropping up that eventually got her to say something along the lines about wanting to drive her SUV over the thing. Her experience with Android wasn't much better. Since she's switch to a Lumia 710 she hasn't asked me for help with something yet, which is a testament to WP7's ease of use as she's not technically inclined to begin with.

The adds come off a bit condescending and they are trying badly to steal Apple's "it's so easy to use, it's brain dead simple"

The adds come off a bit condescending and they are trying badly to steal Apple's "it's so easy to use, it's brain dead simple"

"steal"? Don't tell me Apple now that has a patent on "because it is easy to use" marketing! (although WP is easy to use, so at least they are not lying).

"A bit" condescending? Wow, prepare to have your mind blown when you watch Apple's new "Genius" ads.