Sony Liverpool to close

What in the world?

Bigbig Studios releases Vita game, Sony closes them.

Zipper Interactive releases Vita game, Sony closes them.

Studio Liverpool releases Vita game, Sony closes them.

Really sad news. WipEout is one of my favourite racing franchises, and I really enjoyed both WipEout HD and 2048. Studio Liverpool was always really good with offering fair prices and deals on their track packs. I remember back in the days of WipEout Pure on the PSP, they just gave away a bunch of extra tracks for free on their website, which is an act that would be virtually unthinkable in today's industry. Then with 2048, they made all of their HD/Fury tracks free for download if you already owned those games on the PS3. Obviously I don't have the ability to peer into the souls of the developers, but they always struck me as the kind of people who care about their fans and don't just want to wring them for cash.

Here's hoping that the team members who end up getting released will find new jobs soon.

• Like 2

Damn, really? Did the latest versions of Wipeout just not sell? Shame if so, as it is a great franchise in every sense of the term. Disappointing indeed.

Not sure how well the Vita WipeOut sold but certainly a shame to see them go. Rumour is that they were well in to production with a PS4 version and also another "Stealth" game as well. Hopefully they will move these projects to another studio, I think Evolution would be a good place for WipeOut to go.

I still cannot work out why Lemmings hasn't been released on the Vita yet. The touch screen makes it absolutely perfect for the game and I would gladly pay ?8-10 for a decent port of Lemmings/Oh no more/Lemmings Tribes.

Very sad news. I have many fond memories of playing Psygnosis games on my Amiga as a child - that infamous owl graphic was a true sign of quality back in the day. Fingers crossed the folks there can find jobs at other software houses in the near future.