android piracy

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 xeleraph

xeleraph

Neowinian

• 262 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:10

^ wow, you are full of it. I guess no one can have an opinion. huh. And I didn't speak out against rape or murder dith but hey according to you I must support it.

If you try to shut down attempts to curb rape or murder and refuse to offer any solution of your own, then yes, you support rape and murder. It's not that difficult.

its called giving an opinion. and history had proven these methods do not work. I do not have to give a solution.

It's also been proven that policemen do not work at eliminating crime. Going by your brilliant logic we shouldn't bother spending taxpayer dollars on maintaining a police force, either. :rolleyes:

No one is saying anything about stamping out piracy completely. The best anyone can realistically hope for is to keep it down to manageable levels using a combination of methods - methods which you are trying to shoot down based on the logic that they "do not work" while refusing to offer a solution that "works". This is different from saying that nothing should be done against piracy, how? Please explain.

You're free to offer your opinion, but at least try to be honest about your motives.

#32 +SharpGreen

SharpGreen

Now with built-in BS detector.

• 2,374 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Nexus

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:36

... tie in live server services that check for legitimate checkpoints upon access each and every time. ...

Already done. Google operates a Licensing service as part of the Play Store. The app has to opt into it though, and even that doesn't completely prevent piracy since android apps are easy to decompile.

#33 Eddie7

Eddie7

Hallo... www.connectw.me

• 799 posts
  • Phone: 1-800-CALL-ME-MAYBE

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:05

Does the FBI not remember what Anonymous did when they took down Megaupload? Did the government still not learn their lesson?

#34 briango

briango

Neowinian

• 101 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:34

Does the FBI not remember what Anonymous did when they took down Megaupload? Did the government still not learn their lesson?

About a month after that 25 Anonymous members got arrested by Interpol. I bet the FBI knew exactly how Anonymous would react, and waited for it.

Do you really think taking down a few websites for a couple of days would teach the U.S. goverment a lesson?

#35 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• 11,541 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:40

People really need to pirate $0.99 apps?

This is what I thought. I don't have my bank account attached to my phone so I don't buy apps, but I don't pirate them either. Really, there are free alternatives out there that are just as good as the paid versions...

#36 sorlag

sorlag

Evoke the fire within

• 930 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:44

When will the FBI understand, that it isn't legal for them to seize domains of foreign sites that have nothing to do with the U.S?
They aren't the Internet/World owner and things that are illegal in the U.S, are legal in other countries...

#37 Eddie7

Eddie7

Hallo... www.connectw.me

• 799 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 18:13

About a month after that 25 Anonymous members got arrested by Interpol. I bet the FBI knew exactly how Anonymous would react, and waited for it.

Do you really think taking down a few websites for a couple of days would teach the U.S. goverment a lesson?

Haha you make it sound like 25 is a lot. To Anonymous, there is no limit.

#38 xeleraph

xeleraph

Neowinian

• 262 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 22:23

Haha you make it sound like 25 is a lot. To Anonymous, there is no limit.

Really? Judging from how quiet Anonymous have been since then, I think it's Anonymous who learned their lesson instead.

#39 Eddie7

Eddie7

Hallo... www.connectw.me

• 799 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:11

Really? Judging from how quiet Anonymous have been since then, I think it's Anonymous who learned their lesson instead.

Welcome to Neowin. You don't know anything about Anonymous I'm guessing.